Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Something has to be done with Phillips an Cordero

Something has to be done with Phillips an Cordero

I love both guys but they are both in terribble slumps(choking). They both have to be moved from their current situations. Phillips defense has been great all year but his bat isnt producing anything right now. With Cordero you never know what your going to get. If they can somehow ship him to another team next year they need to get it done. The may be able to move him if they eat some of his money maybe half (6mil.) of it. But something has to be done.

Anyone else getting very frustrated with this team. Losing 2 games to the Dbacks and now losing to the Astros a playoff team just cant do that. I can understand losing 1gm to each team in a series but never should a playoff team lost 2 gms late in the year to 2 bad teams.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Something has to be done with Phillips an Cordero

Keep dreaming.....remember who the manager is.

I'm not real sure I'd say that Cordero or Phillips are choking. Cordero has looked pretty hittable all season long. Phillips was having a really good year till he got injured, and is now trying to get back in the swing of things.

I think the thinking with Phillips is to let him play his way out of it, but yeah...it's pretty rough having a few easy outs up and down your lineup. We've seen its impact, this team is having a hard time scoring runs.

Valaika should be starting at 2b

I agree Phillips is not healthy

Just gotta stop hitting him lead off. Try to limit his ABs. Drop him to 7th move Stubbs or Bruce up.

If I had my way they would go to a Stubbs, Bruce, Votto, Rolen, Hernandez/Gomes, Phillips, Cabrera line up. I firmly believe that Stubbs will be able to get on more than anyone else they would think about putting in the lead off spot, and that Bruce is by far the teams 2nd best hitter so I'd do my best to increase his amount of ABs. He walks, he has plenty of power and his flaws wont be so vulnerable to exploit in front of Votto and Rolen.

I dont think either will be with the team next year...maybe Phillips stays but my prediction is the Mets get out of KRod's contract and trade for Coco and then with all the money the Tigers have they trade for Phillips...just a thought but getting rid of coco and phillips gives this team an uber amount of money to work with this offseason to lock up votto and get some FA

Quote Originally Posted by vottofan4life View Post
    I dont think either will be with the team next year...maybe Phillips stays but my prediction is the Mets get out of KRod's contract and trade for Coco and then with all the money the Tigers have they trade for Phillips...just a thought but getting rid of coco and phillips gives this team an uber amount of money to work with this offseason to lock up votto and get some FA
    I don't see the Mets going after Co-Co, his numbers over the past season or so don't warrent paying that kind of money to and there is no guarentee they will get out from under KRod's deal. Phillips will be around for one more season then be delt.

Turn Off Ads?