Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: time to start worrying?

time to start worrying?

I know I should't get ahead of myself but right now this team is just playing terrible and I guess I am probably the biggest negative person on this board but, facts are facts and right now the REDS are just not getting it done. our offense besides of gomes tonight has just been awful, it's just been awful for our offense lately.

I'm telling you, everybody that was printing playoff tickets already better be waking up from their sleep because right now it doesn't look good, terrible effort if you ask me. this division is far from over, right now the cardinals are about to be 6 games back, I say I am worried alittle bit, we still might win it but this doesn't look like a playoff team right now and I love the REDS more than anybody, it's just awful right now.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    BAKER12

Re: time to start worrying?

Hate to say it, but Cards are due to get hot. If this lead gets to four games by early next week I think the Reds might be in trouble. Simply put, the Reds are not playing well at all.

Recovering Cubs Fan

Oh god oh god the sky is falling save me jee bus
    FIRE DUSTY Never mind. The man is clearly a genius.

Quote Originally Posted by Natty Redlocks View Post
    if you can't see it man...your clueless bro. right now this reds team is playing terrible, and if it gets down to 4 or 3...it's going to be nail-biting time, even marty brennaman is saying right now this is a crucial time so, everybody even a few is worried, I am one of them...

Recovering Cubs Fan

Quote Originally Posted by rolenmvp View Post
    if you can't see it man...your clueless bro. right now this reds team is playing terrible, and if it gets down to 4 or 3...it's going to be nail-biting time, even marty brennaman is saying right now this is a crucial time so, everybody even a few is worried, I am one of them...
    Just enjoy the ride bro. First place Is way better than fourth.
    FIRE DUSTY Never mind. The man is clearly a genius.

If Chris Welsh says we're going to the playoffs, then we're going to the playoffs!

Quote Originally Posted by BAKER12 View Post
    Hate to say it, but Cards are due to get hot. If this lead gets to four games by early next week I think the Reds might be in trouble. Simply put, the Reds are not playing well at all.
    I hate to say it, but so are we.

the Reds July dive is just last this year. They will probably hang on but I bet it's a lot closer than 6 games by the end. And yes I am worried, I see two teams starting to move in opposite directions.
    We only live in patches. - H. G. Wells

I think the hardest thing for any athletic team to do is finish things off, especially young players. I feel the Reds are playing tight and afraid to lose, not only is the team struggling at the plate but we are seeing defensive lapses that this team hasn't had. The scary thing is the Cards are good enough and have the pitching to run on a 10-12 game winning streak and the Reds have enough question marks and lack of a bench to lose 10-12 games in a row. I'm not say either will happen but nor do I want it to happen but I think it is far too early to say this thing is in the bag.

But hey in March if you told us that the Reds would have a 6 game lead on September the 18th I would have said I'll take it and I must say it beats the alternative of the last 10 years when these games didn't mean anything. So I guess we will sit back and enjoy the last two weeks, remember even though the Reds have had a winning month every month so far it has by far been anything but easy wins.

Quote Originally Posted by redlegs2370 View Post
    I think the hardest thing for any athletic team to do is finish things off, especially young players. I feel the Reds are playing tight and afraid to lose, not only is the team struggling at the plate but we are seeing defensive lapses that this team hasn't had. The scary thing is the Cards are good enough and have the pitching to run on a 10-12 game winning streak and the Reds have enough question marks and lack of a bench to lose 10-12 games in a row. I'm not say either will happen but nor do I want it to happen but I think it is far too early to say this thing is in the bag.
    The Cards don't have the pitching depth to get past a 3 game winning streak, yet alone over 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Natty Redlocks View Post
    Just as bad as the "Oh my god you are overreacting" post.....

Quote Originally Posted by RedsLvr View Post
    The Cards don't have the pitching depth to get past a 3 game winning streak, yet alone over 10.
    I hope you right and I'm wrong. However, they just won two in a row with Westbrook and Loshe, they certainly can win three in a row with Garcia, Wainright, and Carpenter. That puts them at 5. Westbrook looked really good last night, he had the ground ball going and lots of DP's. Loshe has now beaten the Braves and Padres in back to back starts. We all no that the three headed monster is about to get going again.

But the Reds can take care of their own position by winning series.

The Smiling Side AintlifeGrande's Avatar

Rolenmvp after tonight I'm am getting a tad worried.Marty and Cowboy said this dont look like a team in 1st place,they look like a team chasing 1st place.

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!

The Smiling Side AintlifeGrande's Avatar

they certainly can win three in a row with Garcia, Wainright, and Carpenter.

Garcia has been shut down,Suppan in his place.I like our odds!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!

Quote Originally Posted by AintlifeGrande View Post
    they certainly can win three in a row with Garcia, Wainright, and Carpenter.

Garcia has been shut down,Suppan in his place.I like our odds!
    Even with Suppan pitching, the Cards have the advantage of the schedule. The Padres are struggling and momentum has shifted to the Cards. I look for the Cards to sweep the series against SD and then when you get on a roll anything can happen. Albert is more than capable of carrying a team for a two week stretch.

Like I said the Reds need to win the series, unfortunately I'm not optimistic about beating Houston or Milwaukee. This is not some sky is falling theory either. Houston's pitching is better than earlier in the year and the Reds offense is not very good. Mix the two and you have trouble. The Brewers pitching is not as good as Houston but their offense is really good and the Reds pitchers have been known to have those games where the give up a lot of runs, see Giants and Rockies games. I'm just stating what I see. I do think their is some reason to be concerned.

Turn Off Ads?