Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: time to start worrying?

BAKER12

Re: time to start worrying?

Schedule favors Cardinals, they play the Pirates 6 more times. After pondering this ??? again, I am worried and would imagine the Reds team feels the same way.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    The Smiling Side AintlifeGrande's Avatar

Glad to see our Sundeckers discussing this issue.No thread about the current state of the Reds on the ORG.

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BAKER12 View Post
    Schedule favors Cardinals, they play the Pirates 6 more times. After pondering this ??? again, I am worried and would imagine the Reds team feels the same way.
    For some reason, I expect the Pirates to finish the Cardinals' chances off.

That said, they're only 5 back in the loss column.
    Everything is perfect, but there is a lot of room for improvement. --- Shunryu Suzuki-roshi

Quote Originally Posted by BAKER12 View Post
    Cards just lost 2 of 3 to the Pirates. They play Chicago in Chicago three times, and they have a hard time beating them, 4-8 this year. They have that one game in Miami, where they have to fly from St. Louis to Miami, then to Pittsburgh in 24 hours. They end the season with 4 against the Rockies, who should be fighting for a playoff spot, and have a habit of finishing strong.

Reds have 6 against the Brewers, who they are 7-1 against this year. The one tough part will be three in SD.

I think the schedules are at least even the rest of the way.

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Cards just lost 2 of 3 to the Pirates. They play Chicago in Chicago three times, and they have a hard time beating them, 4-8 this year. They have that one game in Miami, where they have to fly from St. Louis to Miami, then to Pittsburgh in 24 hours. They end the season with 4 against the Rockies, who should be fighting for a playoff spot, and have a habit of finishing strong.

Reds have 6 against the Brewers, who they are 7-1 against this year. The one tough part will be three in SD.

I think the schedules are at least even the rest of the way.
    VERY NICE to hear that. The division is safe. But the team needs to be psychologically ready for the playoffs, and going 5-9 the rest of the way won't help that.
    Everything is perfect, but there is a lot of room for improvement. --- Shunryu Suzuki-roshi

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

How many of these threads are we going to have????? This is ridiculous. Mods should combine these two threads.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

Weird things have happened during my lifetime when it comes to the Reds and the playoffs.

1981 - A work stoppage led to the ill-conceived plan of splitting this season into two halves. In the first half the Reds finished a half game behind the Dodgers soley on the basis of the Dodgers having played and won one additional game. In the second half the Reds finished a game and a half in back of the Astros. Baseball had no place in the playoffs for the team that had the best record in baseball that season.

1994 - Another work stoppage rears its ugly head and the season is suspended in August and then finally called off in September. The Reds lead their division at that point in time. Their reward, once again, no playoffs.

1999 - A little more straighforward scenario this time. The Reds win 96 games and tie for the Wild Card. A one game tiebreaker ensues and it is the Mets that get to party like it is 1999. 96 wins and no playoffs.

You bet I'm gonna worry, right down to the day the Magic Number drops to 0.
    A summer watching a bad Reds' team, is still a pretty good summer.

Here is the deal: the Cards will beat the crap out of good teams (Phils, Reds or Pads) and lose vs. bad teams. The Reds just have to play .500 ball, yall. Rest easy...Reds MAKE the post season! (Cards can't as they have to play a lotta scrubs!)

Worry is probably too strong a word at this point...if it gets to one series or less, than worry seems to be applicable.

I have been positive along, but am now starting to worry a little. The Cards are going to sweep the Padres, then they have the Rockies at home and the Pirates and Cubs. This could get scary quick.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mckbearcat48 View Post
    Worry is probably too strong a word at this point...if it gets to one series or less, than worry seems to be applicable.
    Possibly
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

The Buckeye Bomber

Six game lead.

Less than 20 to play.

The Cardinals and Reds are both 4-6 over their last ten games.

Yawn.
    I hate the Cardinals. I hate the Cubs.
    Let's. Go. Reds.
    "Per Aspera Ad Astra"

The Buckeye Bomber

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    How many of these threads are we going to have????? This is ridiculous. Mods should combine these two thousand threads.
    Fixed that for ya.
    Let's. Go. Reds.
    "Per Aspera Ad Astra"

Quote Originally Posted by AintlifeGrande View Post
    they certainly can win three in a row with Garcia, Wainright, and Carpenter.

Garcia has been shut down,Suppan in his place.I like our odds!
    Well Suppan is dealing today, shutout through 4 innings and the Cards are on their way to winning 3 in a row with Wainright and Carpenter up next. I think there is no question they can rattle 10-12 in a row.

The Buckeye Bomber

Quote Originally Posted by redlegs2370 View Post
    Well Suppan is dealing today, shutout through 4 innings and the Cards are on their way to winning 3 in a row with Wainright and Carpenter up next. I think there is no question they can rattle 10-12 in a row.
    :

Get a grip. The Cardinals have a worse record over their last 10 games than we do.
    Let's. Go. Reds.
    "Per Aspera Ad Astra"

Turn Off Ads?