Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Week 2- Bengals vs. Ravens

Re: Week 2- Bengals vs. Ravens

I would not call Atlanta soft. I think they are better but the Steelers made them look like the 1993 bengals on offense. The Titans.....they are the de-jour playoff pick beacuse of the way things ended last year.

2. Turn Off Ads?

After last week, I'll take it.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

This loss was all Palmers fault.

oh they won? nvm still his fault.

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    This loss was all Palmers fault.

oh they won? nvm still his fault.
    You know a Bengal player is not playing well when homers Brad & Lap are ripping him. They pointed out a LOT of mistakes Carson made today. Can't see how anyone could defend his performance today.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
    You know a Bengal player is not playing well when homers Brad & Lap are ripping him. They pointed out a LOT of mistakes Carson made today. Can't see how anyone could defend his performance today.
    I didnt listen to the radio. I just think the amount of crap Palmer gets no matter how the team plays.

He throws up a ton of yards, with no running game and hes terrible.

He doesnt throw any picks, and the team wins and hes terrible.

I cant wait for a real bad day, or a great day and listen to how overboard the comments get.

I didnt listen to the radio. I just think the amount of crap Palmer gets no matter how the team plays.

He throws up a ton of yards, with no running game and hes terrible.

He doesnt throw any picks, and the team wins and hes terrible.

I cant wait for a real bad day, or a great day and listen to how overboard the comments get.
    Carson Palmer sucked today. He made several horrible throws into coverage that should have been picked off, and he's totally out of synch with his receivers.

This isn't all Palmer's fault, the genius we have as an offensive coordinator certainly isn't helping matters. But Palmer just doesn't even look prepared out there. He has to step his game up, period. End of discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    How bad was the OL when they only gave up 1 sack and 7 QB hit's? Against this defense? I think I am missing what you saw.

Palmer has happy feet. He is or seems to be making the OL look worse than they are by being jittery.
    Agreed. Palmer doesn't handle pressure well, even when there is NO pressure. I really think the knee injury from early 2006 has screwed with him mentally, he's just not the same player. I'm by no means saying "He's done," but it's certainly cause for concern. Get a few guys in his face, and he panics and doesn't make good decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    Carson Palmer sucked today. He made several horrible throws into coverage that should have been picked off, and he's totally out of synch with his receivers.

This isn't all Palmer's fault, the genius we have as an offensive coordinator certainly isn't helping matters. But Palmer just doesn't even look prepared out there. He has to step his game up, period. End of discussion.
    I think the 4 yard runs, then the 1 and 2 yard runs for losses right after is killing this team more than anything Palmer is doing.

Palmer certainly does have happy feet.

Palmer certainly does have happy feet.
    Actually I think the O-line gave him great protection today. There's no excuse for his bad game but in his defense he did play well enough to win

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    I have a bad feeling this one is going to be ugly.

I guess it was kinda ugly but a win's a win

Just to be fair, the Ravens have yet to give up a TD yet in two games, so some credit is certainly due them.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    Just to be fair, the Ravens have yet to give up a TD yet in two games, so some credit is certainly due them.
    By all rights the score should have been 35-10 instead of 15-10. Especially with all the opportunities in the red zone.

The Bengals did everything right in the offseason. Replaced Shayne Graham with a kicker who looks to be better so far and added Carson some firepower. Add TO, Shipley, and Gresham and the Bengals should have a pretty impressive offense. Palmer should have no excuses.

Palmer still has not taken the step forward to being an elite QB. I don't know if its the playcalling by Brat or just lack of execution, but something is definitely wrong.

I'm equally worried about the running game. We ran Cedric Benson into the ground last season and he is being outplayed by Bernard Scott. I wouldn't be surprised if Scott ends up starting by the end of the season, whether it be outperforming Benson or injury.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

I really dont think the offense is even running plays worthy of being called passing plays.

I also feel like they werent even playing for TDs at times. Its like they wanted to just get 3 points every time down and not turn it over. Totally conservative play calling other than 1 pass to TO.

Turn Off Ads?