Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Week 2- Bengals vs. Ravens

Re: Week 2- Bengals vs. Ravens

Did Marvin just have his red flag out - as if he was going to challenge a penalty?

Mmmk, Marvin.

The lack of touchdowns are a little depressing. They get the ball handed to them with great field position after the interception, and then can't punch it in. Really need a TD there.

15-10 good guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Flacco picked off by Ndukwe. That should seal it. INT #4 for Flacco on the day.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

Well, they held on to win, despite no TDs. It counts as much as any other win.

Not a pretty win, but it shows that, once again, the Bengals seem to have the Ravens' number and that maybe the Ravens aren't all the prognosticators thought they were. Still a lot of football to be played though.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Can I get a Steeler fan to tell how in the Heck they are 2-0? I mean they might as well be the 1976-77 Steelers with Mike Kruzcek starting...throwing 10 passes while Franco, Frenchy and Rocky run the ball 50+ times.

Ugly win, but a win none the less.

Regarding the offense though, it has to improve. The Offensive line is garbage. I knew it coming into the season. I knew it when Andre Smith couldn't get in shape. It's bad and I don't see how it can improve throughout the season. With that said though, Palmer has to get better than this. He had wide open WRs but he simply was missing them. I'll give him credit for no INTs though -- that's a big plus in a defensive struggle like this game was.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    Can I get a Steeler fan to tell how in the Heck they are 2-0? I mean they might as well be the 1976-77 Steelers with Mike Kruzcek starting...throwing 10 passes while Franco, Frenchy and Rocky run the ball 50+ times.
    The Steelers are the St. Louis Cardinals of the AFC North. You look at their roster and you don't see a complete team, yet they're always a good team.

I'm convinced it starts from the top of the organization. The Rooney's run the Steelers like a professional organization. They're always up to date with everything and improving, kind of like Apple. Than you have Mike Brown, who runs the Bengals like the 1994 version of DOS.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxilon View Post
    Ugly win, but a win none the less.

Regarding the offense though, it has to improve. The Offensive line is garbage. I knew it coming into the season. I knew it when Andre Smith couldn't get in shape. It's bad and I don't see how it can improve throughout the season. With that said though, Palmer has to get better than this. He had wide open WRs but he simply was missing them. I'll give him credit for no INTs though -- that's a big plus in a defensive struggle like this game was.
    Well, Carson threw at least two balls, one near our goal line and another near the Ravens', that should have been picked. I think he was lucky to not get intercepted more than careful with the football.

Carson was terrible today. Just flat out awful. His line, which was very bad, should've been a lot worse. Like others have stated, he should have quite a few more int's. He looks nothing like the Carson of old. And I'm worried about that.

Bratkowski just reconfirmed it again to me that he's an idiot when it comes to play-calling. This is the only organization in the NFL that would continue to keep this guy around. I can't stand him, if you couldn't tell. For example: 50 seconds left in the 1st half on your own 30. Run, pass, run, punt. So dumb. Either run out the clock or go for it. Of course, he chooses neither. Then, the Bengals get another gift from the Ravens and have 1st and 10 at the 11 with just a few minutes left. It looked like they were protecting a 30-point lead. How can you not attempt to throw one pass over the 1st down line? Why not throw a ball to your two studs? And there were plenty more head-scratchers throughout the game. Oh, and where was the no-huddle?

I know the Bengals won, and I'm thrilled about that, but this game was ugly and the Bengals didn't show me one positive on offense. Not one. The defense played ok, but Flacco was the reason the Bengals won. They didn't win it, the Ravens lost the game.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

The defense was the reason they won......and contributed to Flacco playing badly. I guess you can look at it both ways but I think this defense showed what it is about and that last week was an aberration.

The offense won't be good unless they figure out what type of offense they want to be.
    They have the weapons to be a passing offense but also want to run the ball, but its hard to play smash mouth when you don't even have a real fullback.

How bad was the OL when they only gave up 1 sack and 7 QB hit's? Against this defense? I think I am missing what you saw.

Palmer has happy feet. He is or seems to be making the OL look worse than they are by being jittery.

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Palmer owes each member of the defense a steak dinner. They (and Nugent) completely bailed him out with the win.

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    Bratkowski just reconfirmed it again to me that he's an idiot when it comes to play-calling. This is the only organization in the NFL that would continue to keep this guy around. I can't stand him, if you couldn't tell. For example: 50 seconds left in the 1st half on your own 30. Run, pass, run, punt. So dumb. Either run out the clock or go for it. Of course, he chooses neither. Then, the Bengals get another gift from the Ravens and have 1st and 10 at the 11 with just a few minutes left. It looked like they were protecting a 30-point lead. How can you not attempt to throw one pass over the 1st down line? Why not throw a ball to your two studs? And there were plenty more head-scratchers throughout the game. Oh, and where was the no-huddle?
    What he said.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    It's called legit defense or if you prefer Troy Polamalu, he makes that big a difference. Well that and the fact that the Steelers have decided to run the ball to set up the pass like they used to but got away from it for awhile. They keep that defense fresh and a fresh Polamalu is an offense wrecker.

Though I'll also say it doesn't hurt getting a soft schedule from the NFL to start the season, that helps.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Turn Off Ads?