Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baseball America's Top 20 Pioneer League Prospects (Billy Hamilton No. 1)

Baseball America's Top 20 Pioneer League Prospects (Billy Hamilton No. 1)

PIONEER LEAGUE TOP 20 PROSPECTS

1. Billy Hamilton, 2b/ss, Billings (Reds)
    2. Albert Campos, rhp, Casper (Rockies)
    3. Daniel Tillman, rhp, Orem (Angels)
    4. Leon Landry, of, Ogden (Dodgers)
    5. Yorman Rodriguez, of, Billings (Reds)
    6. Jake Lemmerman, ss, Ogden (Dodgers)
    7. Mike Blanke, c, Great Falls (White Sox)
    8. Addison Reed, rhp, Great Falls (White Sox)
    9. Matt Miller, rhp, Helena (Brewers)
    10. Will Swanner, c, Casper (Rockies)
    11. Daniel Corcino, rhp, Billings (Reds)
    12. Cristhian Adames, ss, Casper (Rockies)
    13. Garrett Gould, rhp, Ogden (Dodgers)
    14. Jimmy Nelson, rhp, Helena (Brewers)
    15. David Holmberg, lhp, Great Falls (White Sox)/
    Missoula (Diamondbacks)
    16. Robby Rowland, rhp, Missoula (Diamondbacks)
    17. Travis Witherspoon, of, Orem (Angels)
    18. Rafael Ortega, of, Casper (Rockies)
    19. Thomas Royse, rhp, Great Falls (White Sox)
    20. Kevin Eichhorn, rhp, Missoula (Diamondbacks)

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today...0/2610717.html

There's a note on Kyle Lotzkar at the bottom. He impressed Pioneer League observers but didn't play enough to qualify for the list.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Baseball America's Top 20 Pioneer League Prospects (Billy Hamilton No. 1)

Nice list, and great to see Hamilton and Yorman up there.

I may be the biggest Yorman fan out there, and was looking at some stats that jumped out to me in one year of progress.

2009 Billings 61 K's in 183 at bats.
    2010 Billings 30 K's in 171 at bats.

The ceiling for these two players seems extremely high, and Dayton fans should finally enjoy the team on the field next year.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Our farm system might be the best it's ever been.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    At the low levels.

2011 will have a productive crop because the core of 2010 Louisville is likely to remain there.

2012 is looking sparse unless the youngsters make huge jumps.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    I don't know just yet, because when Cueto,, Votto, Bruce and Bailey were all Top 25 prospects in the game it is going to be tough to beat that.... but at the very least, this might be the deepest the system has been in a really long time.

So what's the story on Corcino? I've seen him discussed around here, but I didn't expect him to be that high.

Quote Originally Posted by Superdude View Post
    So what's the story on Corcino? I've seen him discussed around here, but I didn't expect him to be that high.
    Stuff is similar to Johnny Cueto at the same age, but his control isn't quite on par with what Cueto had at the same age.

Stuff is similar to Johnny Cueto at the same age, but his control isn't quite on par with what Cueto had at the same age.
    Is Corcino or Correa a better prospect? They're both kind of viewed as "little Cueto's" right?

Billy Hamilton's scouting report is ridiculous.

Orem pitched out six times in an attempt to catch Hamilton stealing, but didn't get him. One scout clocked him at 3.65 seconds to first base from the left side, making him an easy 80 runner on the 20-80 scouting scale.

Jon (Peoria): How was Kyle Lotzkar's stuff in his return from TJ surgery?

Matthew Eddy: As his 33-to-2 strikeout-to-walk ratio suggests, Reds RHP Kyle Lotzkar has impressive command, particularly for someone returning from '09 Tommy John surgery. He topped out more at 91-92 mph for Billings, while showing flashes of his thee-pitch mix that also includes a power curve and change.

Quote Originally Posted by New Fever View Post
    Billy Hamilton's scouting report is ridiculous.

Orem pitched out six times in an attempt to catch Hamilton stealing, but didn't get him. One scout clocked him at 3.65 seconds to first base from the left side, making him an easy 80 runner on the 20-80 scouting scale.
    I have Hamilton at 3.8 seconds from the right side.... just silly, silly speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Superdude View Post
    Is Corcino or Correa a better prospect? They're both kind of viewed as "little Cueto's" right?
    I would take Correa. Seems to have better control at this point, similar stuff. Correa may have the better offspeed pitch too.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I have Hamilton at 3.8 seconds from the right side.... just silly, silly speed.
    For a little perspective, do you have Stubbs' time to first from the right side?

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    For a little perspective, do you have Stubbs' time to first from the right side?
    And while we're on the subject . . . Can Hamilton (unlike Stubbs) bunt?

(To Stubbs' credit, he's working it. And getting better. I think.)

Resident PED Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    I think I heard in a back and froth banter between Chris and Jeff one night Stubbs said the fastest he was ever timed from the right side was 3.69 but was at 3.85 - 3.9 with regularity. If my memory serves me right. So he is faster than Stubbs.

Turn Off Ads?