8. David Vidal, 20, R
    9. Chris Richburg, 24, R
    10. Ariel Baez, 19, R
    11. Donald Lutz, 21, L
    12. Robert Maddox, 21, L
    13. Dominic D’Anna, 21, L
    14. Oliver Santos, 23, R
    15. Mike Costanzo, 26, L

I realize that most would place Alonso ahead of Francisco. I'm not looking for another debate on that subject; this is merely how I, for one, would order them. As an item of reference for the top 40--which is what this exercise is all about--I readily acknowledge that Alonso would be the consensus No. 1 for this position group.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Ranking by Position Group: Corner Infielders

I like that you have Junior Arias listed as a 3B instead of a SS.

Yeah, there are several guys here who may or may not end up on a corner. I put Frazier here because third base seems like his most natural position, but he could easily wind up in the outfield--and I should probably include him in those rankings, too. Same with Dorn. I guess Arias is still mainly a shortstop for the time being, but it's hard to see that lasting. Soto could become a catcher, and so could Vidal.

Yeah, there are several guys here who may or may not end up on a corner. I put Frazier here because third base seems like his most natural position, but he could easily wind up in the outfield--and I should probably include him in those rankings, too. Same with Dorn. I guess Arias is still mainly a shortstop for the time being, but it's hard to see that lasting. Soto could become a catcher, and so could Vidal.
    Patrick Swayze sez, "Nobody puts Junior in a corner!"...
    "In baseball, you don't know nothin'"...Yogi Berra

what does anyone know about D'Anna?

Turn Off Ads?