Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: .132/.203/.147

.132/.203/.147

Why is this player playing let alone leading off? I mean really how can anyone justify playing this guy? At worse he should be hitting 8th or even 9th, but to continually put him out there and at leadoff shows the inability of our manager to grasp this game.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: .132/.203/.147

Yep. He's an idiot. Has no idea what he is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanover View Post
    Yep. He's an idiot. Has no idea what he is doing.
    I agree with your rolling eyes, but he does have a point here. If he's in for the defense, bat him 8th. He's really not helping things. And the rate these guys are going, they could very well blow this thing.

This is my lineup until they clinch or BP is healthy...

Bruce RF
    Cabrera SS
    Votto 1st
    Rolen 3rd
    Gomes/Edmunds LF
    Hernandez/Hanigan C
    Stubbs CF
    BP 2nd

Game One of the Playoffs:

Bruce RF
    BP 2nd
    Votto 1st
    Rolen 3rd
    Gomes/Edmunds LF
    Hernandez/Hanigan* C
    Stubbs CF
    Cabrera SS

Hanigan bats 8th when starting and the other two slide up...
    Last edited by Red in Atl; 09-20-2010 at 04:09 PM.

He is clearly hurt rest him so he can help in the playoffs. Instead of doing the Rusty leads him off everyday so he can drag the team down and try to lose a playoff spot

Dusty Baker doesnt care what you think.

To his credit, dusty is loyal manager and sticks with his guys but that is also the bain of his career. He sticks with guys during prolonged slumps entirely too long. Phillips should man up and take a seat. he has to see that he's hurting the team more than he's helping the team. Take a seat and get better.

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cw0802 View Post
    To his credit, dusty is loyal manager and sticks with his guys but that is also the bain of his career. He sticks with guys during prolonged slumps entirely too long. Phillips should man up and take a seat. he has to see that he's hurting the team more than he's helping the team. Take a seat and get better.
    He actually did state (a couple weeks ago) that the hand was still bothering him then. Baker, for reasons known only to him, totally disregarded BP's comment, and continued to lead him off every game....with the same (predictably) dismal results.

This is C. Patterson and T-Virus redux. It seems to me to be an EGO issue.

One would think that Baker has to see he's killing the offense, and he's certainly not doing Phillips any favor here. His batting average is plummenting.

Of course, Pick sabotaged the O every game he led off with T-Virus last year, so who knows?
    Last edited by malcontent; 09-20-2010 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    Dusty Baker doesnt think.
    had to fix that for you...

Dusty Baker doesnt care what you think.
    No manager, player, coach, gm should care what fans think. If I am an owner or fan, I want that person to do what they think is the right thing to do, who cares what fans think. One day some fans feel one way and later that same day they feel another way. If I had a coach or manager making decisions based upon what fans think, I would wonder, right before firing them, why do I need to pay you millions of dollars if I am getting nothing more than the opinions of fans running my ballclub.

Quote Originally Posted by kfm View Post
    No manager, player, coach, gm should care what fans think. If I am an owner or fan, I want that person to do what they think is the right thing to do, who cares what fans think. One day some fans feel one way and later that same day they feel another way. If I had a coach or manager making decisions based upon what fans think, I would wonder, right before firing them, why do I need to pay you millions of dollars if I am getting nothing more than the opinions of fans running my ballclub.
    Thats fine I'm just quoting Dusty Baker's thoughts on his employers.

Thats fine I'm just quoting Dusty Baker's thoughts on his employers.
    Well, they did hire him to manage the team.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFanInBama View Post
    Well, they did hire him to manage the team.
    I'm talking about the Fans. Its not wise to crap on the fans like Baker did.

I'm talking about the Fans. Its not wise to crap on the fans like Baker did.
    I don't think Dusty's the greatest manager, but I didn't have a problem with him venting. I also don't think he was crapping on "the fans." I think he was just sounding off on the people who think he has been nothing but a negative for this team. Those people do exist, which is hard to believe for a team that is enjoying its best season since the mid-90s.
    Last edited by RedsFanInBama; 09-20-2010 at 11:04 PM. Reason: Adding

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Batting Phillips first during this huge slump is one of the dumbest things I've seen Dusty do in 3 years.

In past years, he didn't have much of a roster to work with.

Cabrera, who I usually don't take up for, is hot. Why not bat him first and put Valaika at 2nd base and 2nd in the order?

This continues to be beyond ridiculous sticking with BP.

Not sticking Bruce or Stubbs up at the top, and moving Phillips down to 7th or so is such a head scratcher.

But Dusty does tend to let guys pound their struggles into the ground before he moves people in the order. He did it with stubbs to start the year.

Turn Off Ads?