Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mascots tackling mascots

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Mascots tackling mascots

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...brutus-buckeye

Bobcats athletics spokesman Jason Corriher released a statement calling the actions "extremely poor judgment and sportsmanship" and saying that the university regrets the negative effect they may have on the relationship between the two schools.
    I'm so confused by this. When did it become taboo for the mascots to playfully tackle each other and such? Why on earth is this a big deal?

Frankly, mascots are for entertainment. It doesn't seem this guy had any intent to cause harm to the person in the costume, so why is this getting any play?

I'm honestly, totally confused by this.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Re: Mascots tacklings mascots

It wasn't playful. He sprinted out and blindsided him while he was leading the team out on the field. It wasn't that prearranged goofing around where mascots "fight" each other. It was one guy who set out to be a complete jerk and succeeded.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Serafini View Post
    It wasn't playful. He sprinted out and blindsided him while he was leading the team out on the field. It wasn't that prearranged goofing around where mascots "fight" each other. It was one guy who set out to be a complete jerk and succeeded.
    He wasn't intending any harm, so I'm not seeing a difference. And by the way, I've been to a ton of games in my day, and I've seen tons of these situations that were not scripted between mascots. I see no difference in any of those.

As long as he didn't intend any harm, which clearly he did not, what's the big deal? A mascot's job is to entertain... how could anyone not be entertained by that?
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    He wasn't intending any harm, so I'm not seeing a difference. And by the way, I've been to a ton of games in my day, and I've seen tons of these situations that were not scripted between mascots. I see no difference in any of those.

As long as he didn't intend any harm, which clearly he did not, what's the big deal? A mascot's job is to entertain... how could anyone not be entertained by that?
    The guy is a total loser. You can't defend him. His actions are born from stupidity. It was premeditated, and he could have caused physical injury to Brutus. What if his actions caused the flag to hit a member of the band, or injure one of the players running on behind them? Indefensible.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

People are really hypersensitive and humorless these days. It's the age of litigation.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    People are really hypersensitive and humorless these days. It's the age of litigation.
    I would argue that this moron is getting everything he dreamed of out of this episode. It isn't the age of litigation, it is the age of selfishness. I would bet he set out to try and become some sort of youtube sensation, inspired by such shows as "Jackass". He was even on Monday night football. People are giving him exactly what he wants, attention.

The sad thing is, that this is the biggest thing that he will probably ever do in his life.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Re: Mascots tackling mascots

What's so funny about assault?

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HotCorner View Post
    It was one dude in a giant fuzzy costume tackling another dude in a giant fuzzy costume. I think we can keep the police out of this one.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by HotCorner View Post
    Calling it an "assault," for one thing.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    Calling it an "assault," for one thing.
    He planned on doing it, he succeed, he got banned.

Nobody hurt (except for a guys pride for getting tackled when he was wearing Styrofoam head)

Bet if it happened to a UM mascot many here would be chuckling quite hard.

Disclaimer: I hate Ohio State.
    But I think this COULD'VE been hilarious. I was thinking Terry Tate Office Linebacker type of blindside. But when I watched the video, it was horrible. He missed his chance. Then he took it way too far. He looks like an idiot now.

There could have been a time and a place where it could have been funny. In comedy, timing is everything.

But Rufus blew the timing completely and made it look mean-spirited and just stupid.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

First time I saw this was the YouTube video above. The only thing that seemed premeditated was that the Bobcat wanted 5 minutes of fame, which apparently he got. After he missed the first time, he came off like a dope chasing down the buckeye and tackling him in the endzone. I don't think it was a crime, but it was bizarre. I wonder if the bobcat was drinking a bit before the game?

The buckeye did a good job maintaining his composure, or you would've had a Cal Bear v. Stanford Tree brawl ... which was really fun because the tree doesn't have arms. I believe the bear was led away in cuffs. Now that's entertainment.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

Maybe this kid can walk on and play for Michigan in their secondary.

I think it's very doable.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Turn Off Ads?