Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mascots tackling mascots

Re: Mascots tackling mascots

I have to admit, I laughed at this one. Yes, it's horrible sportsmanship on the part of junior jerk, but the fact that while it's being considered by some as the "best tackle OU got that day" by many, it STILL took this kid jumping on Brutus' back and riding him like a pony to finally get him down. and the "WTH" deal with Brutus at the end was classic.

Yeah, stupid, childish and completely immature, but trust me, I lived through 3 of the OU halloween parties while there on campus (first year at a branch) and this is nothing compared to some immature jerk stuff you'd see on that campus. Or any campus for that matter.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    More brutality. I hope everyone survived.

YouTube - Brutus vs. Michigan Fan
    Not very sportsman like at the end.

I chuckled. If Rufus had actually "blind sided" him I'd have rolled on the floor. Rufus came almost straight at him, he even "broke down" so Brutus couldn't juke him.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Funny how Buckeye fans want assault charges filed but many will uphold this:

YouTube - Woody Hayes
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    Actually yes you did.
    Please show me a quote where I mentioned anything about hitting women? I brought up a hypothetical that relates to the topic because it is a very possible one.

Women typically want equal treatment. I don't think there's even a story to be told there. It's completely irrelevant to the topic. It's just a way to justify hypersensitivity.
    It is relevant, you just choose to ignore it and revert back to the "sensitivity" argument, which is complete assumption on your part.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    Please show me a quote where I mentioned anything about hitting women? I brought up a hypothetical that relates to the topic because it is a very possible one.

It is relevant, you just choose to ignore it and revert back to the "sensitivity" argument, which is complete assumption on your part.
    It's not relevant. We're talking about what a mascot did and you're trying to make this about pushing down women. It's a silly argument.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    It's not relevant. We're talking about what a mascot did and you're trying to make this about pushing down women. It's a silly argument.
    You are trying to make into about pushing down women, I simply used it as a distinct POSSIBILITY. Just one example of why it was an idiotic and irresponsible thing to do. You are just trying to deflect away from the argument itself.

Having said that, I'm done. You can have the last word as I respect this board too much to continue on. I always enjoy reading your posts in the ORG and hope there are no hard feelings. We can just agree to disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    More brutality. I hope everyone survived.

YouTube - Brutus vs. Michigan Fan
    The best part about this video is it occured at an Ohio State/Northwestern game in Evanston.

Btw, if you didn't laugh at the mascot video you seriously need to lighten up. It was amazingly funny.

It's not like the Bobcat was beating the crap out of Brutus. He brought him down, then Brutus got up and he followed him into the endzone and the Bobcat jumped on him again, and while they were on the ground he threw some playful "punches" (and they weren't punches) in on him.

Saying that was assault is an insult to assaults everywhere.
    Last edited by reds44; 09-22-2010 at 12:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    You are trying to make into about pushing down women, I simply used it as a distinct POSSIBILITY. Just one example of why it was an idiotic and irresponsible thing to do. You are just trying to deflect away from the argument itself.

Having said that, I'm done. You can have the last word as I respect this board too much to continue on. I always enjoy reading your posts in the ORG and hope there are no hard feelings. We can just agree to disagree.
    I don't understand how I'm the one that was trying to deflect and make it about pushing down women when you're the one that brought it up to begin with. But eh, whatever. As you said, agree to disagree.

I don't get the issue but I suppose I appreciate the back and forth nonetheless.

No hard feelings here. Promise
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

I just watched it again and my favorite part is when the Bobcat is running after Brutus. Also the annoying women yelling "BOO" is pretty funny too.
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

http://www.daytondailynews.com/dayto...xtype=rss_reds

BUCKEYES BUZZ: Just when you thought the battle between Rufus the Bobcat and Brutus Buckeye was a dead issue, it turns out head coach Jim Tressel has more to say on the subject.

“I was standing at the National Anthem and I heard some of our guys talking, ‘Hey, did you see that mascot?’ And I’m thinking, you’re thinking about the mascot?” Tressel said with a laugh Tuesday at his weekly news conference. “I didn’t know it was live (tackling of) mascot week.”

As an update, he added an injury report on Brutus.

“I saw Brutus over at the Block O event last night and asked him if he was going to be ready for Saturday,” Tressel said. “He’s probable.”
    Clearly a very serious issue.

I am a huge Ohio State fan and I have to say this is hilarious. The fact that he planned this for a year and only became the mascot to beat up Brutus is the best part about it. If you don't find this funny you probably need to lighten up.

Quote Originally Posted by BakoTheTako View Post
    I am a huge Ohio State fan and I have to say this is hilarious. The fact that he planned this for a year and only became the mascot to beat up Brutus is the best part about it. If you don't find this funny you probably need to lighten up.
    Thanks for the insult.

I don't think it was funny and I don't need to "lighten up". For the exact reason you think it is funny, I find it to be in poor taste.

Simple rules to live by:
    1. Treat other people how you would like to be treated
    2. Keep your hands to yourself
    3. Treat women with respect (he did not know if Brutus was a woman)

I would like to thank everyone that decided that to point out how people who don't find it funny need to "lighten up". You as the guardians of comedy have made me see the light.

The bar for humor has been lowered. You can now go back to your "Jackass The Movie", or whatever low brow humor floats your boat. When the TV show "Ow, My Balls" comes out I am sure it will get high ratings in your houses.

I am done with this topic as well. You guys can have the last word, and can go back to your endorsement of stupidity and lack of decorum.
    Last edited by LoganBuck; 09-22-2010 at 05:50 AM.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Terry Tate - OU Mascot?
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Brutus was smiling the whole time. What's the big deal?

Turn Off Ads?