Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Edmonds Career Done?

Re: Edmonds Career Done?

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    And I think most, if not everyone would agree with this.

However, the big variable here is "if healthy", and we can play this game on a message board and assume health, but in real life, it is clearly going to be factored in come playoff time.
    I don't think Nix is healthy either. I think it was Fay that made mention of Nix gingerly running down the line on a double play ball late in last nights game.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I don't think Nix is healthy either. I think it was Fay that made mention of Nix gingerly running down the line on a double play ball late in last nights game.
    Never seen a worse sprained ankle. You would think that someone shot him. How long has he been hurting with that?
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    And I think most, if not everyone would agree with this.

However, the big variable here is "if healthy", and we can play this game on a message board and assume health, but in real life, it is clearly going to be factored in come playoff time.
    And he's only got a few days "to get healthy." I'd like to see him on the bench tutoring Bruce, Stubbs, and Heisey (and any number of others), though. And to see him coaching here in the future.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I'm not a doctor, but my bet is that there is a stronger chance that Nix is healthier for the playoffs than Edmonds.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    And he's only got a few days "to get healthy." I'd like to see him on the bench tutoring Bruce, Stubbs, and Heisey (and any number of others), though. And to see him coaching here in the future.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup View Post
    Never seen a worse sprained ankle. You would think that someone shot him. How long has he been hurting with that?
    This made me laugh.

A high ankle sprain is a horrible injury. It usually takes months to heal and hurts like no other.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    A high ankle sprain is a horrible injury. It usually takes months to heal and hurts like no other.
    I have never had a high ankle sprain. I hear they are awful and know that in football you can miss upwards of 6 weeks with a high ankle sprain.

A few years ago I sprained my ankle playing basketball. Landed on a defenders foot after a shot. It wasn't too bad, missed the rest of that game, was limping for a couple of days, and played in our game the next week. The thing was that for the better half of a year I would tweak my ankle playing basketball or softball. It wouldn't take me out of a game, but I would feel a dull pain when I went to cut or swing. I could only imagine the amount of torque and force Nix would put on an ankle on his swing, when he would twist to run out of the box, anytime he needed to round the bases, etc. You can run on a sprained ankle, but when you need to stop, change directions, or cut it hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    I broke my ankle a day after a buddy of mine had severely sprained his ankle, I was moving around before him.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    I'm not sure if he can be in uniform if he's not on the active roster.
    So, you're saying he's going to be naked?

You are such a pervert, Chip.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

So from what I understand, if Edmonds is placed on the roster for the first round, then has to be replaced at some point , he is done for the rest of the playoffs(or is it just the next round?).Would it maybe be a good idea to rest him up for the World Series?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
    So from what I understand, if Edmonds is placed on the roster for the first round, then has to be replaced at some point , he is done for the rest of the playoffs(or is it just the next round?).Would it maybe be a good idea to rest him up for the World Series?
    From the Major League Rules, MLR 40:

(4) Replacements for Injured Players During a Series. A Club may request permission from the Commissioner or the Commissioner's designee to replace on the Club’s active roster for the remainder of a post-season series a player who is unable to render service in such post-season series because of a specific injury or ailment that occurred after the Club's roster for such series had been submitted, provided that the Club submits written proof of the disability to the Commissioner or the Commissioner's designee. The Commissioner or the Commissioner's designee may approve or disapprove a request for a roster substitution and may make whatever investigation the Commissioner or the Commissioner's designee deems appropriate in exercising such discretion. The Commissioner or the Commissioner's designee's exercise of discretion may include disapproval of the request for a roster substitution if the Commissioner or the Commissioner's designee determines that the request was not made in a reasonable amount of time in advance of a game to allow for investigation of the facts and circumstances. If the Commissioner or the Commissioner's designee gives express approval for the substitution,

(A) the player added to the roster must also be an eligible player pursuant to Rule 40(a)(1) or Rules 40(a)(3)(E) through (G);

(B) a pitcher may be replaced only by a pitcher and a player other than a pitcher may be replaced only by a player other than a pitcher; and

(C) the injured player being replaced shall be ineligible to play for the remainder of such series, as well as the next subsequent post-season series that year.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Senor Votto

Edmonds is pretty close to some big career milestone numbers. I for one would like to see him come back one more year with the Reds and get his 2000th hit, 400th homer, 1200th RBI, etc

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    I broke my ankle a day after a buddy of mine had severely sprained his ankle, I was moving around before him.
    Yep, I had a high ankle sprain playing tennis and it was about four months before I could even get on the tennis court just to work out a little bit.

When the doctor first looked at it he told me it would have healed quicker if I had broken it. Took a year before it felt normal.

Rem

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    So, you're saying he's going to be naked?
    You are such a pervert, Chip.
    I'm sure George Grande and WVRedsFan would enjoy that.

From John Fay:

Edmonds hopeful of making playoff roster after cortisone shot. Nix OK after playing. #reds

http://twitter.com/johnfayman

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    From John Fay:

Edmonds hopeful of making playoff roster after cortisone shot. Nix OK after playing. #reds

http://twitter.com/johnfayman
    Holy cow, hope his leg doesn't fall off. I thought I read an article earlier this year that doctors don't like to do two in one year to the same area, and they did just that to Josh Hamilton's knee.

Turn Off Ads?