Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rick Sweet

Re: Rick Sweet

Quote Originally Posted by GOYA View Post
    Yeah, I heard the same about Smokey.
    John Fay's blog now confirms that Smokey is coming back.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    -The Insider-

Good to hear.

Has Sweet's name ever come up as a future Red's manager outside of Redszone? If Sweet has the experience and respect requisite of a manager; and also being from within the organization and having relationships with many of the players, it seems to make sense to he would be "promoted" at some point - especially during the current youth movement. I was just wondering if anyone may have hard something.

Quote Originally Posted by LeDoux View Post
    Has Sweet's name ever come up as a future Red's manager outside of Redszone? If Sweet has the experience and respect requisite of a manager; and also being from within the organization and having relationships with many of the players, it seems to make sense to he would be "promoted" at some point - especially during the current youth movement. I was just wondering if anyone may have hard something.
    Welshie has mentioned it a few times during games during his occasional mini rant about coaching jobs only being offered to people who have previously held major league coaching jobs.

Who knows... maybe Dusty will decide he wants to spend more time with his family

George Grande had always praised Rick Sweet.I never hear Marty say much.

I like Rick Sweet, hope he gets a shot after Dusty gets the boot (at some juncture).
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

I get the impression they're grooming Delino DeShields to take over for Dusty in a couple of years, or at least giving him the leeway to run things his way down in billings and now Dayton to help learn how to deal w/ the overall concept of running a team rather than just doing everything he can to develop prospects (ie moving Yorman out of CF which was probably good for the team but a setback in the hopes that Yorman could be a solid CFer down the road)

Turn Off Ads?