Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Jay Bruce Thread, Part II

Jay Bruce Thread, Part II

Let's continue here, the other one's over 1K posts. Can't close the thread due to my lack of physical mod powers, but thought I'd channel my inner mod.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Jay Bruce Thread, Part II

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan320 View Post
    Let's continue here, the other one's over 1K posts. Can't close the thread due to my lack of physical mod powers, but thought I'd channel my inner mod.

MODS can we PLEASE combine these threads? Thanks

(sorry 320, I really couldn't resist brotha!)
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Whoops. Talk about a discussion killer. Oh well, Brutus--I think we said what we needed to say. So... Jay Bruce. I hear that kid's pretty good!
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    Whoops. Talk about a discussion killer. Oh well, Brutus--I think we said what we needed to say. So... Jay Bruce. I hear that kid's pretty good!
    Yeah it's all good. We left at a good stopping point.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

They don't call him "Tha Deal" for no reason!
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

MODS can we PLEASE combine these threads? Thanks

(sorry 320, I really couldn't resist brotha!)
    You forgot to go all caps on the THANKS.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

The Cincinnati Enquirer makes my head hurt. On the front page of their website today is a 'Jay Bruce Quiz'.

This is the first question:
    Four days after making his major league debut, Jay Bruce celebrated which birthday?

The answers you get to choose from are: 20, 21, 23 and 25.

The problem is, none of them are correct. Bruce turned 21 on April 3rd, 2008. He didn't debut until May 27th, 2008, almost two full months past his 21st birthday (which was the "correct" answer).

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    The Cincinnati Enquirer makes my head hurt. On the front page of their website today is a 'Jay Bruce Quiz'.

This is the first question:
    Four days after making his major league debut, Jay Bruce celebrated which birthday?

The answers you get to choose from are: 20, 21, 23 and 25.

The problem is, none of them are correct. Bruce turned 21 on April 3rd, 2008. He didn't debut until May 27th, 2008, almost two full months past his 21st birthday (which was the "correct" answer).
    The key word is "celebrated." Perhaps he was thrown a belated birthday party some 50 days later? heh

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

I think they need to send him and Stubbs to AAA. Where is Chris Dickerson?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Everytime I see Jim Edmonds around Jay Bruce, I can't help but think he's totally relished being a mentor for Bruce. Tonight I saw several more shots where he was counseling Bruce and after the walk-off, he had a moment where he looked like a proud papa congratulating Jay.

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    Everytime I see Jim Edmonds around Jay Bruce, I can't help but think he's totally relished being a mentor for Bruce. Tonight I saw several more shots where he was counseling Bruce and after the walk-off, he had a moment where he looked like a proud papa congratulating Jay.
    If Bruce can put together a stretch for us even close to that of what Edmonds did in St. Louis from 2000-2005, brother, we're in business.

That Edmonds trade may turn out to be way, way more valuable than any stat sheet could ever hope to show.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

Senor Votto

Bruce's shot was the number 1 play on ESPN

I love Jay Bruce and always have.

How can we give Edmonds most of the credit every time Jay does something good but place all the blame on Jay when he makes an out?

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    I love Jay Bruce and always have.

How can we give Edmonds most of the credit every time Jay does something good but place all the blame on Jay when he makes an out?
    No one is doing that. Just pointing out that it seems Edmonds has been a positive influence on him. I don't think that's deniable, at this point.

Turn Off Ads?