Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would be cool if GABP would have this

Would be cool if GABP would have this

I just saw this advertised on Sports Time Ohio and thought it was a awesome idea for generating money in the winter. I hope sometime the Reds copy this idea Check it out!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Would be cool if GABP would have this

http://www.google.com/hostednews/can...yjTqEMRGDS5dEQ

Little more detail in this article... looks pretty
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

It'd be cool if GABP didn't look so cheap, was located at The Banks, and gave you views of the city.
    Last edited by Redhook; 09-23-2010 at 08:29 PM.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    It'd be cool if GABP didn't look so cheap, was located at The Banks, and gave you views of the city.
    But it is at The Banks, or at least immediately across the street from it. Did you mean Broadway Commons? Broadway Commons wouldn't have offered views of the city either. Mt. Adams, yes. Downtown, no.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

I never understood this sentiment. I have only visited the GABP twice, but I was thoroughly impressed each time. It's a gorgeous ballpark with a beautiful view of the river. Have you ever been to the new Busch stadium? Beautiful view cars whizzing down a decrepit portion of I-70.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

I have only been there once but I thought the GABP was a good place to watch a game. It may not have all the fancy accouterments that are associated with some of the newer ball parks such as Safeco in Seattle, but at least in comparison to Safeco, I thought the GABP's sitelines were far superior.
    School's out. What did you expect?

GABP can't face the city.

I don't think ballparks are allowed to face the western horizon, or something along those lines.....

I want this at GABP. Maybe it would make me despise winter a little less.
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

Also, we can't have all those workers in buildings watching games for free
    Go Gators!

oh, and that does look really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post
    I have only been there once but I thought the GABP was a good place to watch a game. It may not have all the fancy accouterments that are associated with some of the newer ball parks such as Safeco in Seattle, but at least in comparison to Safeco, I thought the GABP's sitelines were far superior.
    I didn't fully appreciate GABP until I caught a night game at Turner. Turner Field is a nice facility, but a horrible place to watch a ballgame. It has bad sight lines with lights that are too low so you lose the ball in the lights.

If you go to GABP to watch a ballgame, it provides a near-perfect experience and I've yet to find a bad seat.

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    I didn't fully appreciate GABP until I caught a night game at Turner. Turner Field is a nice facility, but a horrible place to watch a ballgame. It has bad sight lines with lights that are too low so you lose the ball in the lights.

If you go to GABP to watch a ballgame, it provides a near-perfect experience and I've yet to find a bad seat.
    Depends on where you sit. I have a soft spot for Turner (and old Fulton County) as I've spent so much time there since I used to live about 3 miles from there.

Put big mirrors above the outfield bleachers and then there would be a view of the buildings/city.

Quote Originally Posted by RBA View Post
    Put big mirrors above the outfield bleachers and then there would be a view of the buildings/city.
    Maybe we can catch some sun light and burn the other teams players like ants.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post
    Depends on where you sit. I have a soft spot for Turner (and old Fulton County) as I've spent so much time there since I used to live about 3 miles from there.
    I was out in left field for the game, so maybe that had something to do with it. Sitting about 10 rows behind me was Carlton from Fresh Prince. True story. He's put on a LOT of weight.

Turn Off Ads?