Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Would be cool if GABP would have this

Re: Would be cool if GABP would have this

Back in the 1860s they would flood the ballparks in the winter and have skating on them. SandyD has a picture somewhere of people playing ice baseball on skates.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    Alfonso Ribeiro? He taught me how to breakdance.

YouTube - Breakin' and Poppin'
    Yep. That's him.
    Last edited by paintmered; 09-24-2010 at 08:32 PM.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

I think the best part of GABP is that you can get a good view of the game anywhere. I think the best thing about it is that they didn't try to jam as many luxury boxes in between the decks. And though some feel the notch is just a gimmick, it allowed them to make the deck on the third baseline much closer to the field. If you compare sitting in the upper deck at GABP to Progressive Field, you notice a big difference. I think the use of red and white as the predominant colors gives it that "Home of the Reds" feel. Some of the other new parks out there look like the baseball eqivalent of a McMansion.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post
    It blows Safeco away as far as a place to watch the game IMO. Safeco is much prettier though and has better amenities in and around it.

My favorite new park is AT&T in SF.
    Went to SF earlier this year and absolutely LOVED this park. What a view!!

As for GAB, when it comes to watching a game, no complaints at all. I've never had a bad seat.

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    I goofed up. I did mean Broadway Commons.

I don't find GABP special at all. It's a decent ballpark. It's a nice place to watch a game. But, I don't think there's much of a wow factor. I believe it could've been made better.

And, I still believe it looks cheap. Very cheap actually. I just can't stand the white poles they used. Or the stupid smoke stacks. Comparing GABP to Busch, PNC, Camden Yards, etc. it just doesn't stand up to them on appearance. They look sharp and classy while GABP doesn't. I know my view on the park isn't popular, but I stand by it. It's just an average stadium.
    I agree with this. It's a nice park, but nothing special at all. They had an opportunity, but had the likes of John Allen in charge at the time.

If people want to see what "could" have been done, they need to get to the new Target Field in Minneapolis. That place is special.

And it can't face downtown only if you take the location as a given. That's the problem I had. It should have gone somewhere else.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

In all honesty, I don't get the love for Safeco. There is NO view outside the stadium when you've got the prettiest mountains and water available. It's like a coliseum. Not bad, but gol-ley, what is so great about it?

AT&T park is pretty neat, a nice mix of GABP and Safeco, actually.

Anyway, more snow slides from the outfield seats please! I think its a great way to tie into Redsfest!
    2015 Rotation: Under Construction

Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post
    Depends on where you sit. I have a soft spot for Turner (and old Fulton County) as I've spent so much time there since I used to live about 3 miles from there.
    Likewise.

Assuming price is part of the seat location decision calculus, my defaults are always high behind the plate, or down the 3rd base line. Especially during the scorching months of summer. That's where you're most likely to get shade and/or a breeze.

Not a terribly big fan of the OF bleachers. The scoreboard is behind you, and you get the smoke rolling over from the Chop House. If it's a sunny & warm day, you're going to bake out there.

(The RF bleachers were, however, pretty good to let Jeff Francouer know over 9 innings that even on his best day, he still couldn't carry Junior's aging jock.)

Will be in RF on Sat night for Girl Scouts night. My 7 year old is pretty stoked about getting to walk on the field before the game and sit out in RF by Jason Heyward.

Turn Off Ads?