Turn Off Ads?

Thread: At the Edge of the Woods

At the Edge of the Woods

I'm not sure whether forum rules allow this, so moderators can get rid of it if need be.

I've recently posted a full-length young adult manuscript on Authonomy.com. This is a site associated with HarperCollins that allows writers to post manuscripts for others to read. HarperCollins reads and considers the top rated.

If anyone feels inclined, I would appreciate it if you would go there and back my book, At the Edge of the Woods. Here's a blurb:

At the Edge of the Woods
    Marc Shoemaker

An explosion draws the Harmans into the search for a mysterious power. Their answers lie in a strange town at the edge of the woods.

Just as recent college graduate Tandy and her younger sister and brother, Danna and Neal, settle in for the summer, a warning, an explosion, and an unexpected death draw them into a search for a mysterious power that one of them may possess. This power would enable one person to persuade others to believe and do whatever he or she says. Soon they are involved in a contest between two groups hoping to find this power.

As they sort their way through this mystery, the Harman siblings discover a group of young people living somewhere between life and death, in a state where their names and identities have been forgotten. A trip through dark water and a darker forest leads them to a strange town, guarded by a shadowy figure in a dilapidated windmill, where all the residents sleep until the time comes when they will wake to help the chosen one create a new world.

But whose voice will the chosen one listen to?
    Thanks.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: At the Edge of the Woods

I do believe it's in violation of rule 6. I'd put a little version of it in your sig. That's seems to be accepted. Oh, I backed it BTW.

Last edited by Redsfan320; 09-24-2010 at 01:48 PM.
    I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

I was wondering, since the rules here are brief. Rule 6 just says "posting spam", and since this is a post that's unique to this board, I didn't know whether it would count.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Quote Originally Posted by tixe View Post
    I was wondering, since the rules here are brief. Rule 6 just says "posting spam", and since this is a post that's unique to this board, I didn't know whether it would count.
    Regardless of potential rules violations, your book looks quite promising!

Great title.

thanks.

It does look like a pretty good book, too.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Thanks. I'm doing a line edit focusing on commas right now, fwiw.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan320 View Post
    I do believe it's in violation of rule 6. I'd put a little version of it in your sig. That's seems to be accepted. Oh, I backed it BTW.

Yes, please do that.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Turn Off Ads?