Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In the words of Jim Mora: Playoffs? I just hope we can win another game!

In the words of Jim Mora: Playoffs? I just hope we can win another game!

Can, will the Reds win another game much less 3? The Reds need 3 wins to get into the playoffs and I think it will be difficult for the Reds to win 3 more games. The offense is not scoring any runs, unless they are hitting home runs & the bullpen appears tired. I really think the team and fans (myself included) got excited too early. This is a young team and really shouldn't have talked about playoffs until they actually clinched.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: In the words of Jim Mora: Playoffs? I just hope we can win another game!

They don't need to win another game to make it into the playoffs. As long as the Cards loose three more, they're in.

But, I do believe they'll win more than 3 out of the 8 left.
    Steve
    Project-43
    http://www.project-43.com

Unline the Reds, the Cardinals bats have awakened. They have drilled the Pirates and Cubs the last two days (actually scored 6 runs in the loss to the Pirates Wednesday) and are enroute to beating the Cubs bad again today. The Cards will run the table because they have the Pirates and Rox at home next week. The Rockies were just swept by the Dimondbacks last week. They can't play on the road.

So with that in consideration, the Reds need to win 3 more games. I'm not sure they can. The Astros pitching is too good for the Reds to win 2 of 3 and I think it will come down to winning 2 of 3 against the Brewers. They Brewer offense scares me at GABP.

One game out of each series is all the Reds need, worse case. I think that is MORE than likely to happen. And that's with the Cards winning out, which I have NO belief will happen.
    Steve
    Project-43
    http://www.project-43.com

throws 106. NBD.

Even if the Reds go 0-the rest of the season (which they won't) they would still make the playoffs. The Cardinals bats aren't "awakening." They've won two in a row but lost three in a row before that (to Florida and Pitt) are currently losing 7-3 to the Cubs in the 8th inning.

I'm eating crow right now (which I'm glad), I thought noway would Carpenter lose given a 3-0 lead. I would hope the Reds could win at least 2 of their remaining games.

so wait...this was a serious post?

man--Reds fans make me want to facepalm.

The postseason is a lock. It was before today. We will win at least 3 games at home.

And these games against SD haven't been terrible. SD is a good team. They went through a rough patch, but they're turning it back on to stay relevant.

It's a bit annoying to see the Reds not playing up to par, but they will be in the playoffs. Even NPR has declared the Reds and Phillies as the only two "sure things" in the NL this year. If even NPR knows, everyone knows!

Quote Originally Posted by liminal View Post

The postseason is a lock. It was before today. We will win at least 3 games at home.

And these games against SD haven't been terrible. SD is a good team. They went through a rough patch, but they're turning it back on to stay relevant.

It's a bit annoying to see the Reds not playing up to par, but they will be in the playoffs. Even NPR has declared the Reds and Phillies as the only two "sure things" in the NL this year. If even NPR knows, everyone knows!
    The Cards took 3 of 4 from SD. SD lost 9 or 10 games in a row, the Reds should have been able to take 2 of 3, instead the Reds are in major jeopardy of getting swept.

I also wouldn't say the postseason is a lock, that is the problem. The team has been on cruise control thinking it is a lock. I'm not sure this team can still win 3 games the rest of the season. Obviously don't think they will beat the Padres, they have blown two chances to get it done Friday and Saturday. Then they will be lucky to win 2 games on the next homestand. The Astros clearly outclassed the Reds the last time they played and the Brewers pounded the Reds the last game at Milwaukee. So to me nothing is a lock.

Quote Originally Posted by redlegs2370 View Post
    The Cards took 3 of 4 from SD. SD lost 9 or 10 games in a row, the Reds should have been able to take 2 of 3, instead the Reds are in major jeopardy of getting swept.

I also wouldn't say the postseason is a lock, that is the problem. The team has been on cruise control thinking it is a lock. I'm not sure this team can still win 3 games the rest of the season. Obviously don't think they will beat the Padres, they have blown two chances to get it done Friday and Saturday. Then they will be lucky to win 2 games on the next homestand. The Astros clearly outclassed the Reds the last time they played and the Brewers pounded the Reds the last game at Milwaukee. So to me nothing is a lock.

Okay, let's put it in perspective--I'll bet you 10,000 dollars that the Reds make the postseason.

Won't do it?

Didn't think so.

Quit being so overdramatic. No team is always great or always bad. The Padres went through a rough patch, the Cardinals went through a good patch, now the Pads are playing a little better and the Reds are struggling bit more.

the problem with this argument is your failing to recognize reality--yes, the Astros played better than the Reds, but the Reds still won 1 game. And yeah, the Brewers pounded the Reds in 1 game, but the Reds took the other two. So where in the logic of this world does this translate to--oh, the Reds will lose all 6 games at home?
    Last edited by liminal; 09-25-2010 at 09:14 PM.

throws 106. NBD.

Okay, let's put it in perspective--I'll bet you 10,000 dollars that the Reds make the postseason.

Won't do it?

Didn't think so.
    Yep. People need to calm down.

You all go right ahead and tell us to calm down and say anything can happen in the postseason but you know as well as I do that this team is in trouble, we are going to get embarassed in the playoffs and its pissing me off.

We will lose today and return with a 3-6 road trip which is about how I expected us to play, we will probably lose 2 of 3 to Houston, then we'll take 2 of 3 from Milwaukee. PAthetic, we won't even win 90 games, this team pisses me off that they aren't playing the way they have all year.

throws 106. NBD.

Quote Originally Posted by will5979 View Post
    You all go right ahead and tell us to calm down and say anything can happen in the postseason but you know as well as I do that this team is in trouble, we are going to get embarassed in the playoffs and its pissing me off.

We will lose today and return with a 3-6 road trip which is about how I expected us to play, we will probably lose 2 of 3 to Houston, then we'll take 2 of 3 from Milwaukee. PAthetic, we won't even win 90 games, this team pisses me off that they aren't playing the way they have all year.
    Well, I'm sorry that a team that wasn't supposed to make their push for the playoffs until next year but arrived one year ahead of schedule pisses you off. Maybe if you were more realistic you'd enjoy yourself a little more as a fan? Teams go through rough patches. It's not the end of the world.

Reds fans really make me SMH sometimes.

throws 106. NBD.

This thread now gets a double face palm for redlegs2370 and will5979.

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    Well, I'm sorry that a team that wasn't supposed to make their push for the playoffs until next year but arrived one year ahead of schedule pisses you off. Maybe if you were more realistic you'd enjoy yourself a little more as a fan? Teams go through rough patches. It's not the end of the world.

Reds fans really make me SMH sometimes.
    Yep, typical fan, you have settled for what is there. Expectations have raised my friend. When an opportunity arrives you jump on it, we may not have it again for a while. I'm not just satisfied with a winning season now, I'm not going to be just satisfied with winning the central, I want to at least win a postseason series and the way it going we ain't going to win a damn postseason game. If you like to lose then you go right ahead and enjoy this crap.

Turn Off Ads?