Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Playing to Win Causing Reds To Lose?

Playing to Win Causing Reds To Lose?

Is starting Phillips and Rolen nearly everyday actually helping the team win?

They both are hurting and could use a long rest. I think a rested, healthy Valaika and Francisco would help the Reds win more than the tired and hurt Phillips and Rolen.

Plus it would give the two veterans some much needed rest for the playoffs.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Playing to Win Causing Reds To Lose?

Yes Rolen and Phillips could use some rest.

No, playing them doesn't hurt the team. You're forgetting their outstanding defense and how much that helps the pitching.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

I have mixed feelings about it.

I definitely think Rolen and BP need to rest and get healthy.

I also agree you take a hit defensively, mainly at 3B.

But I think they should probably let these youngsters play some of these games for experience and to let our starters rest and get healthy.

I think our pitching can keep us in games, and I just don't see the Cards winning out.

Rolen has been getting plenty of rest.

BP needs to get out of this slump, and it won't happen on the bench. He's had a few days off and gets Monday off.

You play them until (if) we clinch. They can rest in the winter.

Turn Off Ads?