Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Framed Sports Prints - Best Place To Buy?

Framed Sports Prints - Best Place To Buy?

I'm interested in finding some prints like the one's I've posted below. Not necessarily THOSE pictures, but that style. I'd like to buy a few Ohio State framed prints (the larger kind) but they just seem to be so expensive. I've seen them in the neighborhood from $100-250. A previous manager and even my dentist have tons of these portraits hanging in their office/work area. My old boss just happened to hear a knock on the door one day. When he opened the door, there was a guy who had a trunk full of these kind of prints. He was selling them for about $50 each. I immediately thought that he was selling stolen ones (and he may have been), but I've heard a similar story from "door to door" salesmen selling these prints.

So, does anyone know of a wholesale approach to buying these? Any suggestions on where to find them cheaper than I've been finding them? Or, what's the cost of buying a large print and then having it framed somewhere...or even doing it myself with supplies from a hobby shop!?

"Rounding Third and Heading for Home"

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Framed Sports Prints - Best Place To Buy?

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=fra....c0.m270.l1313

You should be able to search for these. If you like Sports Illustrated covers, they are reasonably priced.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=fra....c0.m270.l1313

You should be able to search for these. If you like Sports Illustrated covers, they are reasonably priced.

I've been on Ebay. The prints I want are larger than the 8 x 10 style (like the SI covers). I haven't found any reasonably priced prints on there anyway.
    "Rounding Third and Heading for Home"

Last time I was at GABP there was an awesome print of the famous 1990 WS series celebration shot. Does anyone know if that is still available (either there or at another local place) and how much it goes for?

Gracias.

has everythingallposters.com
    "The Hall of Fame is there to keep alive the memory of people. You don't need to do that with people like Buck [O'Niel] and Joe [Nuxhall]. Nobody's forgetting those guys."

- Joe Posnanski

Turn Off Ads?