• Braves

5 11.36%
  • Giants

18 40.91%
  • Padres

9 20.45%
  • Rockies

1 2.27%

Thread: Who will be the Reds NLDS opponet?

Who will be the Reds NLDS opponet?

Okay vote early and lets see who gets it right...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Who will be the Reds NLDS opponet?

I think the braves right the ship to get the wildcard and the giants have a better record than us so we play the phillies

Reds win 5 out of their last 6 and sweep the giants in round 1 .. beat the phillies in 6 and take the yankees in 7 !!

Quote Originally Posted by ol'Sparky View Post
    Reds win 5 out of their last 6 and sweep the giants in round 1 .. beat the phillies in 6 and take the yankees in 7 !!

Reds vs Phillies
    Braves vs SF

Braves and Pads tie for Wildcard. Braves win play-in game.

Quote Originally Posted by gmt View Post
    Reds vs Phillies
    Braves vs SF

Braves and Pads tie for Wildcard. Braves win play-in game.
    So you think SF will end with a better record then us?

Braves are done.

Quote Originally Posted by ol'Sparky View Post

That 7th and deciding World Series game will be decided by a walkoff grand slam by Joey Votto in extra innings off of Mariano Rivera.

Quote Originally Posted by mlh1981 View Post
    That 7th and deciding World Series game will be decided by a walkoff grand slam by Joey Votto in extra innings off of Mariano Rivera.

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    So you think SF will end with a better record then us?
    Phillies have the best record essentially locked up. Their motivation to win on out will have no bearing on their playoff positioning. I see them finishing with maybe 97 wins

The Braves have the Marlins for 2 more and then the Phils. They are stacking their pitching to get themselves a better chance at the Wildcard. I see them either winning it outright or slight chance they tie with the Padres. If that happens, I think the Braves will win a one game playoff if that is what is needed to decide it. I think the Braves will finish with 91 or 92 wins.

The Padres have their work cut out for them. They have 3 with the Cubs and 3 with the Giants in SF. The Padres are basically the Cubs with better pitching at this point in the season. Without a sweep of the remaining games with the Cubs, their season may be lost. I see them at 91 or 92 wins like the Braves.

The Giants have 3 vs AZ and 3 vs the Padres all at home. Despite AZ's recent surge, I can see a Giant's sweep or at least 2 of 3. I can also see a 2 of 3 from the Padres. That would give them 92 to 93 wins.

The Reds have the astros and Brewers, 3 each. To get to 92 wins, they would need to sweep at least one of the 2. Sweep both and the win total is 93.

The Reds are 3 - 4 vs the Giants this year, so if that's the tiebreaker, any tie for 2nd best record goes to the Giants. Also the Reds are 2 - 4 vs the Padres. Any tie with them if they are the west winner makes the Padres also the 2nd best record.

I think the Braves are in a slightly better position to be the Wildcard than the Padres and the Giants better than the Padres to win the West.

If by some chance the Padres pass the Giants and win the west, they could have 92 or 93 wins as well. The also hold the season record against the Reds. In that scenario, I still see the Braves as the better bet for wildcard and then the Giants are sent home unless they tie with the Braves and then they are the wildcard since they won the season series against the Braves.

All this of course is speculation, but lose a game or 2 over the next 6 and it could mean a trip to Philadelphia for round one.
    Last edited by gmt; 09-28-2010 at 10:04 AM.

Turn Off Ads?