Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Week 3: Bengals at the Panthers

Week 3: Bengals at the Panthers

I'm feeling pretty about the Bengals for this weekend's game. I believe they'll win and start hitting their stride on offense. I'm hoping this week will show us they can take it to another level.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Week 3: Bengals at the Panthers

You're feeling pretty about the Bengals?

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

Witty signature.

Cruisin' for trouble

As a Panthers fan, I can tell you I have full confidence in predicting a Bengals win.

Yet another replacement quarterback facing the Bengals, and they have not had much success rookies and replacements in the past. The list includes Eric Zeire, Bruce Gradkowski (twice, once in Tampa Bay and again in Oakland), Ben Roethlisberger, Joe Flacco, Derek Anderson, Kyle Orton, Mark Sanchez (twice last season), Kyle Boller, all of whom beat the Bengals as either rookies or first-time replacements.

Last I checked, the spread was only three points, and as a Bengals fan, I never lose confidence in their ability to disappoint. I'm taking nothing for granted in this game.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Quote Originally Posted by macro View Post
    Yet another replacement quarterback facing the Bengals, and they have not had much success rookies and replacements in the past. The list includes Eric Zeire, Bruce Gradkowski (twice, once in Tampa Bay and again in Oakland), Ben Roethlisberger, Joe Flacco, Derek Anderson, Kyle Orton, Mark Sanchez (twice last season), Kyle Boller, all of whom beat the Bengals as either rookies or first-time replacements.
    Brett Favre?
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

The Panthers have, quite possibly, the best uniforms in NFL. The Bengals are up there though.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Johnny Cueto Fan

Last I checked, the spread was only three points, and as a Bengals fan, I never lose confidence in their ability to disappoint. I'm taking nothing for granted in this game.
    IMO, take nothing for granted on any team in the NFL. For that matter, any sport. Anything can happen. They just have to stay focused and not shoot themselves in the foot. They MUST shut down DeAngelo & Stewart. Let the rookie try and beat you.

Johnny Cueto Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan320 View Post
    The Panthers have, quite possibly, the best uniforms in NFL. The Bengals are up there though.

Love the baby blue uniforms. Titans Baby Blues are awesome too.

Point taken, but the Bengals beat the Bears Orton's rookie year in 2005 (he had five INT's to boot).

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

This is a must-win for the Bengals. Facing a team with a rookie QB making his first start, and a team with only 1 legit receiving threat, there are no excuses for a playoff caliber team to lose this Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    Brett Favre?
    How could I forget Favre in 1992? IIRC, rookie coach David Shula took his Bengals to Green Bay with a 2-0 record, and with Packers' starting QB Dan Majkowski out and a replacement QB in, things looked good for the Bengals to go 3-0. They had a big lead, too, but then the replacement led the Packers to a come from behind win.

The Bengals finished that season 5-11.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    Point taken, but the Bengals beat the Bears Orton's rookie year in 2005 (he had five INT's to boot).
    I stand corrected. That was the season of the 4-0 start. I don't know who I was thinking about.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Judging by the names on the rookie QB list to beat the Bengals the majority of those Bengals teams were pretty bad.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Carolina isn't a very intimidating place to play.

There are a lot of transplant Ohioans down there, and the fans are beaten down by losing. Therefore, it will be one of our easier away games, and I think we will come away with the win.

Bengals

Out: Fanene
    Doubtful: A. Jones
    Ques: Rucker, Odom
    Prob: T. Johnson, Leonard, Rivers, Owens

Panthers

Doubtful: T Otah
    Ques: DE Johnson
    Prob: TE Barnidge, DE Brayton, WR LaFell, DT Leonard, LB Senn, WR Smith

Last edited by Redsfan320; 09-26-2010 at 11:09 AM. Reason: Found a much better, more complete list. NFL. com's > ESPN's!

Turn Off Ads?