Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pujols would accept trade

Pujols would accept trade

to Dodgers, Angels, Astros & Marlins, at least according to Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2010/0...nds-ozzie.html

I could see this coming up if the Cardinals can't get him to agree to an extension by next June.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Pujols would accept trade

That would be awesome.....unless its to the Astros.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Retired

Suprised a NY team isn't on the list.

There is no chance the Marlins would sink that kind of money into one player. The market for Albert is going to be limited, not many teams can afford the kind of coin he's going to get paid.

I'd love to see him go to the Angels.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

No way the Cards trade him to Houston, and no way the Marlins can pony up the money to keep him. The Dodgers, with the McCourt situation, have no chance of affording him unless a quick sale of the team happens. The Angels, IMO, are the only logical possibility on that list, and it wouldn't shock me to see Arte Moreno try and make it happen. But I highly doubt the Angels have the prospects to entice the Cards to pull the trigger. Making that trade would be franchise suicide with the fanbase.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life View Post
    Suprised a NY team isn't on the list.

There is no chance the Marlins would sink that kind of money into one player. The market for Albert is going to be limited, not many teams can afford the kind of coin he's going to get paid.
    Believe it or not, with a new ballpark coming for 2012, I actually think the Marlins WOULD do that.

Hanley for Pujols perhaps?

Remember the Marlins right now are in an expensive lease where they keep virtually no concessions/parking revenue. Starting in 2012, they have a new stadium to boost attendance, they have a much improved lease payment and get to keep all concessions and parking. They'll be increasing payroll by that time.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    to Dodgers, Angels, Astros & Marlins, at least according to Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2010/0...nds-ozzie.html

I could see this coming up if the Cardinals can't get him to agree to an extension by next June.
    Los Angeles, Houston, and Miami? Seems Pujols has his eyes set on the Latino community. Nice change I suppose, compared to the usual NY Mets, Yanks, or Red Sox.

Why would he want to go to Houston? I'm not sure I understand that.

Also, I'm skeptical of the Marlins sinking in that kind of money to take on a contract like that, new stadium or not.

NYY don't make much sense. They have Tex lined up for years. NYM would be interesting as they have the resources. They do have Ike Davis, but I'm sure they would happily unload him if it meant getting Pujols.

Personally, I think Albert stays and he's just trying to increase awareness and urgency to his contract situation since the offseason for the Cards is almost here and he wants his option year to be bought out for more $$$. Fine by me!

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    Why would he want to go to Houston? I'm not sure I understand that.

Also, I'm skeptical of the Marlins sinking in that kind of money to take on a contract like that, new stadium or not.

NYY don't make much sense. They have Tex lined up for years. NYM would be interesting as they have the resources. They do have Ike Davis, but I'm sure they would happily unload him if it meant getting Pujols.

Personally, I think Albert stays and he's just trying to increase awareness and urgency to his contract situation since the offseason for the Cards is almost here and he wants his option year to be bought out for more $$$. Fine by me!
    Well, I'm sure Houston & Miami having lower tax rates (both on a state & local level) probably helps. Players get taxed for every city they play in. Playing half your games in either of those two cities probably cuts down a large portion of taxes.

Well, I'm sure Houston & Miami having lower tax rates (both on a state & local level) probably helps. Players get taxed for every city they play in. Playing half your games in either of those two cities probably cuts down a large portion of taxes.
    I understand Florida. But why Houston? Why not the Rangers, who Pujols could possibly propel to World Champions?

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    I understand Florida. But why Houston? Why not the Rangers, who Pujols could possibly propel to World Champions?
    Yeah I mean it's a good question. It seems he's always enjoyed playing in Houston, but wanting to play there full time is a different animal. I'm as surprised as you are about that part of it.

He'll stay put and get a mega deal, the Cards can afford it.
    Go Gators!

Believe it or not, with a new ballpark coming for 2012, I actually think the Marlins WOULD do that.

Hanley for Pujols perhaps?

Remember the Marlins right now are in an expensive lease where they keep virtually no concessions/parking revenue. Starting in 2012, they have a new stadium to boost attendance, they have a much improved lease payment and get to keep all concessions and parking. They'll be increasing payroll by that time.
    Point taken about the new ballpark. However, I think it's safe to say that even WITH the new ballpark, the Marlins may not see that much of an upswing in attendance, at least not enough of an upswing to justify expanding the payroll by leaps and bounds. The fans of Florida have proven to be awful professional baseball fans up to this point, and sadly I don't think that's going to change once the novelty of a new stadium wears off.

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    Point taken about the new ballpark. However, I think it's safe to say that even WITH the new ballpark, the Marlins may not see that much of an upswing in attendance, at least not enough of an upswing to justify expanding the payroll by leaps and bounds. The fans of Florida have proven to be awful professional baseball fans up to this point, and sadly I don't think that's going to change once the novelty of a new stadium wears off.
    I definitely don't see them selling out on a regular basis by any means. But they seem to believe strongly that by moving into this largely latino neighborhood they'll be able to increase attendance. Plus, I believe it's more accessible to the other portions of the Miami metro area.

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

I would LOVE to see Albert with the Angels. They could use some help with their offense.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Turn Off Ads?