You know what, call me the biggest idiot on this board, and by gosh I think that would be accurate, but I want the Phillies in the first round. I think the Reds could go up there and win. Yes I know the Reds lost 4 in a row up there. In reality they could have went 1-3 or 2-2 up there. We all know that comeback was a fluke against Leake. Bottom line is, that won't matter.
Here are some of my reasons why:
-The Phillies are prone to going into big offensive slumps. Sure they are whipping up on the NL East pitchers they have seen a thousand times right now. Remember that one week span they went on in May with scoring like 1 or 2 runs.
- The Reds are prone to go into big offensive bursts. If this happened the same time as a Philly slump it would outstanding.
- The Reds have hit Oswalt well this season.
- The Reds are 1-1 against Roy Halliday
- I like the Reds chances more in a 5 game series against the Phillies than a 7 game series.
- The Giants beat the absolute pee out of us when we went out there.
Sure I would love to see the Reds get homefield. If I had to choose playing at SF or playing at Phil, I would take Phil in a heart beat. If we get beat, then so be it. We would then know the Phils were the better team