Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I Want Philly!!!!!

Re: I Want Philly!!!!!

dont worry ppl, its basically set that were gonna face them

2. Turn Off Ads?

I have this funny feeling that the Reds are gonna shock some people against Philly

This team will slap Philly silly.

I've got tickets to game #1 in Philly. Go get'em Reds!!

Quote Originally Posted by arkimadee View Post
    I have this funny feeling that the Reds are gonna shock some people against Philly
    They were 2-5 in the regular season but lost 3 in extra innings on walk off hits. The bullpen is 1000x better now than in the 1st half

is it already a done deal the reds play philly? i looked at the standings and if the reds go 4-0. SD goes 3-1 and SF goes 1-3 then the reds should have 92 wins and they each have 91 wins.

Quote Originally Posted by webbbj View Post
    is it already a done deal the reds play philly? i looked at the standings and if the reds go 4-0. SD goes 3-1 and SF goes 1-3 then the reds should have 92 wins and they each have 91 wins.
    it's not set in stone, but I'd bet some good money on it if someone wanted too

philly scars me for sure .. however we weren't picked to sweep, or even beat the A's in '90 and we all know what happened there !!

and the 1990 world championship belongs to the cincinnati reds !!

Recovering Cubs Fan

Quote Originally Posted by arkimadee View Post
    And score a run?
    FIRE DUSTY Never mind. The man is clearly a genius.

Quote Originally Posted by Natty Redlocks View Post
    We already know this. They are built to win it all. The Reds were built to "hopefully contend". Mission accomplished. The Phillies' season will be a failure if they don't at least get to the WS again.

Hopefully, someone like San Diego will spend every last ounce of energy they have somehow, some way, knocking off the best team in the National League, and the Reds will get to play THAT exhausted team in the NLCS (IF they manage to beat the Giants or whomever).

I think that's how the Cards did it in 06.
    The Cards did it in 06 by hitting ground balls to Tiger pitchers often.

You can have Philly.

I want nothing to do with them.

Recovering Cubs Fan

Something I haven't heard anyone talk about yet is the fact that one of the best pitchers in baseball over the last decade, Roy Halladay, has never pitched in a playoff game. If I were a Toronto fan who watched him dominate year after year on some pretty good teams, only to lose out again and again to the Yankees/ Red Sox / sometimes Rays, I'd pity the team who he faces, when he finally gets to pitch in the playoffs for the first time. Just a thought.

Also, if game 1 is a day game, as most people are speculating, maybe Arroyo isn't the best choice. Hasn't he had much more success in night games over his career? Just another thought.

Nobody wants any part of H2O.

Recovering Cubs Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Nobody wants any part of H2O.
    Hey I like that

Recovering Cubs Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Natty Redlocks View Post
    Something I haven't heard anyone talk about yet is the fact that one of the best pitchers in baseball over the last decade, Roy Halladay, has never pitched in a playoff game. If I were a Toronto fan who watched him dominate year after year on some pretty good teams, only to lose out again and again to the Yankees/ Red Sox / sometimes Rays, I'd pity the team who he faces, when he finally gets to pitch in the playoffs for the first time. Just a thought.

Also, if game 1 is a day game, as most people are speculating, maybe Arroyo isn't the best choice. Hasn't he had much more success in night games over his career? Just another thought.
    Yeah, we shoulda seen this coming. Not only did it not matter who started for the Reds today, it did not matter who Halladay faced. It was just his night, it sucks for the Reds, but it ain't over yet.

Turn Off Ads?