Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds' magic number

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    27!
    This is happening. This is actually happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    I refuse to believe it. I'm waiting until after the Cardinals series to let it sink in. If we can get through that with a 5+ game lead, then I'll be with you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    I refuse to believe it. I'm waiting until after the Cardinals series to let it sink in. If we can get through that with a 5+ game lead, then I'll be with you.
    Just win one in that series. Just win one.

I think we will do just fine vs. the Cards. Guys, the series that has me REALLY concerned is the 4-gamer in Colorado after leaving St. Louis.

I believe that they sport the 2nd best home record in the NL and are usually a tough out in September.

Just win one in that series. Just win one.
    Exactly what I keep telling myself.
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    27!
    We just eliminated Pittsburgh! The first NL team to be mathematically eliminated.

None of the remaining series worry me...I think this team will weather it all. They may build up a nice lead (7 or 8 games) before the Cards series and then step on their neck for the final blow. Best case scenario has the Reds 11 games up on the Cards at the end of the series. Worst case is now 1 game ahead. The way the Cards are playing, I don't realistically see us less than 5 games ahead AFTER the series ends. Face it! The 2010 Reds will be in the playoffs.

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

I just wanted the magic # to 30 before September started. This is gravy with a day to go!
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

25 going into play on August 31
    Stick to your guns.

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnati chili View Post
    25 going into play on August 31
    It's at 27, right?
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of 1990 View Post
    It's at 27, right?
    Yes.

Hell yeah it is.

Gallardo vs Harang will be tough tonight. And, obviously, this still isn't over. But, the Cards have their work cut out for them now. They'll need to win ALOT from here on out AND have the Reds collapse. But, I think there's a thread somewhere about playoff tickets that I'll have to check out now (just for the fun of it) ...

Be patient young Skywalker.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    Hell yeah it is.

Gallardo vs Harang will be tough tonight. And, obviously, this still isn't over. But, the Cards have their work cut out for them now. They'll need to win ALOT from here on out AND have the Reds collapse. But, I think there's a thread somewhere about playoff tickets that I'll have to check out now (just for the fun of it) ...
    Depends...

Gallardo has been dismal recently. In his last 6 outings, he's given up 26 runs, walking 13. He's still struck out 26 in those 31 1/3 innings. But nonetheless he's not been terribly sharp.

I think the Reds win tonight. I am actually excited about the return of Harang, and believe he'll do well.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    Depends...

Gallardo has been dismal recently. In his last 6 outings, he's given up 26 runs, walking 13. He's still struck out 26 in those 31 1/3 innings. But nonetheless he's not been terribly sharp.

I think the Reds win tonight. I am actually excited about the return of Harang, and believe he'll do well.
    That makes 2 of us. I wonder how many others are looking forward to seeing Aaron back on the hill?

Turn Off Ads?