Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds' 2010 magic number

Cheekily Non-Conformist CarolinaRedleg's Avatar

Re: Reds' magic number

Hopefully Hal Morris makes a visit to this thread later this evening.
    Hope isn't a strategy

2. Turn Off Ads?

Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Quote Originally Posted by medford View Post
    Johnny Ruffin, Randy Myers & Lenny Harris would like to thank the Cardinals for not allowing them to be a part of this thread. Toney Perez would like to be skipped as well please.
    Didn't the pictures start with #27? Myers and Harris both wore #28. (Harris also wore #7 in his first stint with the Reds.)

"In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

At their current pace, Reds would go 17-12 to finish the season. That puts them at 95-67.

If they were to finish at that record, just to tie, St. Louis would need a 26-5 record.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

I'd also like to point out that a 100-win season while extremely unlikely is within the realm of realistic possibility.

We need a 22-7 finish. Not unheard of, especially with how we played in August. You never know. I kind of want to see how many wins we can get without using up those 7 losses. If we set out sights on 100 wins, the rest takes care of itself.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Paul O'Neill is on deck.

"So Fla Red"

Simply an incredible stretch over the last three weeks with a 14-4 record coinciding with an improbable 5-13 stretch from the Cardinals. A nine game swing in three weeks and +4 games in 4 days.

No BP for a week, no problem. Jay Bruce carries the club for four games and then misses a couple as a late scratch, no problem. Rhodes needs a few days off, no problem. Call up a phenom for maybe the ages and he delivers with a presence heard round the baseball world. This team is simply unbelievable right now and after the lost decade it seems only that much sweeter.

One win over the weekend can pretty much wrap this thing up. 2 of 3 and its over before Labor Day. Still paranoid about the four game stretch in Colorado, but going 5-1 against the Cubs/Brewers really shows the day in and day out focus of this special club.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    At their current pace, Reds would go 17-12 to finish the season. That puts them at 95-67.

If they were to finish at that record, just to tie, St. Louis would need a 26-5 record.
    They won 96 in '99 I believe, and 91 in '90. What did they do in '95? They had the best record in baseball in '94 when the strike hit, didn't they?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of 1990 View Post
    I'd also like to point out that a 100-win season while extremely unlikely is within the realm of realistic possibility.

We need a 22-7 finish. Not unheard of, especially with how we played in August. You never know. I kind of want to see how many wins we can get without using up those 7 losses. If we set out sights on 100 wins, the rest takes care of itself.
    They do play a lot of sub .500 teams... ya never know
    Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/ShaneHorning

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    They won 96 in '99 I believe, and 91 in '90. What did they do in '95? They had the best record in baseball in '94 when the strike hit, didn't they?
    They won 85 in 1995. The season was only 144 games that year due to the strike extending into the 95 season.
    The Reds had the 2nd best record in the NL in 94. The Expos had the best in all of baseball.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Lets Go 'Bird' Hunting

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I think with the pictures, we should give credit where credit is due

http://gatewayredbirds.com/forum/vie...42324&start=10
    Hey Sparky! Indian Hill English teachers taught me everything I know!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of 1990 View Post

After last night they'll need a 22-6 finish. Making the playoffs matters more anyway and, at this point, they should be in pretty good shape there. The next thing I'd care about is home field advantadge. Right now the Reds would have it. But barely.

"In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

Turn Off Ads?