Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dusty is coming back.

13 Belongs in Cooperstown Captain13's Avatar

Dusty is coming back.

According to Hal McCoy, Dusty and the team are extremely close to finalizing the deal. Most likely 3 years with a raise.
    What if this is as good as it gets?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Dusty is coming back.

The man has earned it. The Reds will be a force to reckon with for years to come

not sure how i feel about this. maybe dusty has come around though .. we got a lot of young arms, he best leave that all up to mr. price and not "kerry wood'em"

Quote Originally Posted by Captain13 View Post
    According to Hal McCoy, Dusty and the team are extremely close to finalizing the deal. Most likely 3 years with a raise.
    Terrible. I feel as if we could find a much cheaper manager with the same results. WHile Dusty isn't terrible, the only difference between 2010 Dusty and 2008/2009 level is that he didn't have to write Alex Gonzalez, Corey Patterson, or Alex Gonzalez's name on the lineup card. Not to mention, guys like Votto have busted out in the limelight and our young pitching has started to develop.

IMHO, Dusty really hasn't done much of anything with this club. We could find a cheaper option with the same results IMO.

There's no way they could have changed managers after Dusty takes 'em to the playoffs after a 15 yr drought. Can you imagine the negative PR?

I'm happy with it. I like the continuity and I think it's deserved.
    Steve
    Project-43
    http://www.project-43.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rockermann View Post
    There's no way they could have changed managers after Dusty takes 'em to the playoffs after a 15 yr drought. Can you imagine the negative PR?

I'm happy with it. I like the continuity and I think it's deserved.
    I'm not. I think a 1-year extension would've been better to offer or nothing. He's too expensive for a club like this. Contrary to what some people say, he's not a perfect fit for this club. This club is younger more than older. I thought last night's decision to sit everyone was awful. Did the Phillies sit everyone on Tuesday night?

I just think the Reds are wasting their money on this guy. I don't hate Dusty, I just think he's too expensive for this organization.

He sure could hit HalMorrisRules's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    Terrible. I feel as if we could find a much cheaper manager with the same results. WHile Dusty isn't terrible, the only difference between 2010 Dusty and 2008/2009 level is that he didn't have to write Alex Gonzalez, Corey Patterson, or Alex Gonzalez's name on the lineup card. Not to mention, guys like Votto have busted out in the limelight and our young pitching has started to develop.

IMHO, Dusty really hasn't done much of anything with this club. We could find a cheaper option with the same results IMO.
    Some trolls will gripe about anything wont they? Dusty did something that no one has been able to do IN 15 YEARS!!!!! IMHO, your HO is baseless and petty. You would be hard pressed to find anyone that actually knows about the inner workings of the clubhouse and dugout to agree that Dusty "hasn't done much of anything with this club". Either back up how Dusty "hasn't done much of anything with this club" or leave it alone. Also, I didnt know that Alex Gonzalez had been cloned.

Dusty really hasn't done much of anything with this club.
    Not to mention, guys like Votto have busted out in the limelight and our young pitching has started to develop.
    Do you not think those things may be just a little bit related?

After a 15 years with playoffs or any title of any type how can you not give him an extension with a raise.

Crosley, you just beat me to it...I was gonna say taking a team to the playoffs after a 15 year drought deserves an extension...no ifs ands or buts about it...

13 Belongs in Cooperstown Captain13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrosleyField View Post
    After a 15 years with playoffs or any title of any type how can you not give him an extension with a raise.
    15 years ago, we (Mrs. Schott) thought taking a team to the playoff deserved getting fired. :thumbdown
    What if this is as good as it gets?

Janish won't be happy about this

Does he really need the raise? He's alrerady one of the highest paid manageres out there.

He sure could hit HalMorrisRules's Avatar

“He gives us leadership, direction and is a father figure to us and we want him here,” said second baseman Brandon Phillips,
    Yeah, Dusty clearly is not the man for the job.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/blogs..._reds_con.html

Who cares how much money he makes. As long as they plate good winning ball clubs I could care less if he made 20 million a season. Bottom line is that he has improved this team every season since coming here. The players like him. He won us a division this year. I'm sad the extension isn't for 5 years instead of 3.. DUSTY!!!!

Turn Off Ads?