Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reds are smokin'!

Reds are smokin'!

Or are they?

Reds being investigated for violating smoking ban

A portion of the story:

The Cincinnati Reds will be investigated by the Cincinnati Health Department for violations of the state smoking ban after complaints players were smoking cigars indoors Tuesday night while celebrating their National League Central championship, city officials said today.

A lot of players could be seen on TV smoking the cigars, and Reds owner Bob Castellini was passing them out. But video doesn't affect the investigation - the health inspector has to actually see someone smoking, said Rocky Merz, health department spokesman.

Five people called a statewide smoking ban complaint hotline, Merz said. Those complaints were sent to the city health department today for investigation. Castellini will get letter soon notifying him of the alleged violation.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds are smokin'!

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    Or are they?

Reds being investigated for violating smoking ban

A portion of the story:
    There are at least 5 people in Cincinnati who need to get a life.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

I heard this on WLW yesterday.

Some people are so tight, you couldn't pull a pin out of their butt with a tractor.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    I heard this on WLW yesterday.

Some people are so tight, you couldn't pull a pin out of their butt with a tractor.
    Some people are so tight that if you stuck a lump of coal up their rear it would come out a diamond.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    There are at least 5 people in Cincinnati who need to get a life.
    I'm in the process of preparing five dunce caps for a 5-way dunce-a-day award.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Probably smokers that called because they couldn't smoke and were quite irritable LOL
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Cardinals fans!

lol

Quote Originally Posted by HumnHilghtFreel View Post
    Cardinals fans!

lol
    How would Chris Carpenter explain smoking a cigar to his son?

This isn't an Onion story?
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

An empty box of Liga Privada #9 cigars was in Orlando Cabrera’s locker after he passed them out to teammates - and judging by the way some of them held them or smoked them it was the first cigars of their lives. And the green tint to their skin helped that assessment of their cigar-puffing experience.

The cigars, a Nigaraguan brand, cost $12 a stick or $280 for a box of 24 and they were furnished by much-pleased owner/CEO Bob Castellini. He gave one once to Cabrera and when Cabrera said how much he liked it Castellini told him, “When you win the championship I’ll give you a box.”
    http://www.daytondailynews.com/blogs...ccess_lin.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Lame.

Stupid laws create stupid situations like this.

Government in action. Come to Portland where the health department shuts down 12 year old's lemonade stand for not having a permit.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Probably smokers that called because they couldn't smoke and were quite irritable LOL
    Could very well be true. Sadly, I haven't been back to GABP since there I was informed that there was no place inside an open air stadium where I could have a smoke, and I wasn't permitted to go outside the gate and come back in. At least the Dayton Dragons allow smokers to go out for a puff and then re-enter the stadium, and Wrigley Field has a smoking area inside a bar... The rules at GABP truly aren't fair to smokers, but that's okay, I'm told we're less than human and second class citizens anyway...
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Bring some cigars buddy, because if the Reds win game #4 and the series we're firing them bad boys up and taking our chances!!!!!
    Last edited by GAC; 10-01-2010 at 05:41 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    You might be closer to the truth, although I'd peg it more folks who are dislike the law and want to make it look absurd. This "incident" is an oddity and likely won't be repeated.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Turn Off Ads?