Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Uh Oh OchocincO's

Uh Oh OchocincO's

Apparently the OchocincO's are inadvertently leading to other kind of O's.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5632476

CINCINNATI -- Charity-minded callers are getting intercepted by a sex phone line because of a misprint on Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Chad Ochocinco's namesake cereal boxes.

Because of a wrong toll-free prefix for a number listed on Ochocinco's cereal, callers are directed to a phone sex line instead of a children's charity.
    The phone number is supposed to connect callers to Feed the Children, which benefits from sales of "Ochocinco's." But because the box has the wrong toll-free prefix, they get a seductive-sounding woman who makes risque suggestions and then asks for a credit card number.
    So fitting this happened to Chad's brand.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Uh Oh OchocincO's

While this sucks for Chad and is embarrassing, it could actually help sell more cereal and make more money for the kids. While it's not good advertising, it's still advertising, right? Despite all his shenanigans, this idea is a good one by el' Ocho.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

At least some part of the Bengals offense is exciting. Hay-ooo!

The same thing happened to me in my last job. An old 800# was supposed to be removed from all of our packaging, but the printing company forgot to remove it from a few of them.

What happens is squatters buy up old inactive 800 #s and route these numbers to adult content service knowing something like this is bound to happen. The easiest fix to this problem is to have the 800# shut down allowing the squatters to sell to a desparate company trying to avoid PR nightmares. This sounds like extortion, but apparently is legal. It was royal PITA to resolve, but it's happened more often than you might think.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    The same thing happened to me in my last job. An old 800# was supposed to be removed from all of our packaging, but the printing company forgot to remove it from a few of them.

What happens is squatters buy up old inactive 800 #s and route these numbers to adult content service knowing something like this is bound to happen. The easiest fix to this problem is to have the 800# shut down allowing the squatters to sell to a desparate company trying to avoid PR nightmares. This sounds like extortion, but apparently is legal. It was royal PITA to resolve, but it's happened more often than you might think.
    Interesting. Didn't know that, but it makes perfect sense for the scammers of the world.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

We recently changed our company global conference call service provider, and hence have to use different #'s from the ones we were used to. There are 2 primary #'s I end up using, depending on which region of the world we are dealing with in the particular call (basically a European and a North America only one). They have 2 different prefixes an 866 vs. 888.

I had convinced myself I finally had our 2 new #'s memorized, so in one particular meeting I did not even open the attachment with the conf call #'s - just confidently dialed from memory. Needless to say I did not reach any work colleagues (at least not that I know of)!!! Turns out I interchanged the 888 with the 866, otherwise getting the rest of the # correct, there by directly me to some adult phone service. I found out, after making a couple quick calls to cover/explain myself in case someone is tracking that sort of thing, that I was not the first to do that in our company.
    "I'm virtually free to do whatever I want, but I try to remember so is everybody else..." - Todd Snider

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

This story is over a week old and it still cracks me up.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

I had a software company back in the 80's and our first 800 number was one digit removed from the Metamucil hotline.

Sooooooo, we got about a dozen calls a day from irate Metamucil users needing help, all of whom had misdialed the Metamucil number by one digit and got us instead.

It was funny for about 4 hours. Then it lost all of its charm.

We had to change the number. You've never talked to a more irate person than one who can't figure out how to use their Metamucil.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62 View Post

irate Metamucil users
    Let's just stop for a minute and think about how hilarious this simple phrase is.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    Let's just stop for a minute and think about how hilarious this simple phrase is.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Turn Off Ads?