Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reds postgame celebration under investigation..

Reds postgame celebration under investigation..

According to a Yahoo Headline the Reds postgame celebration is under investigation by the health department due to not abiding by the indoor smoking ban, lol.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big...urn=mlb-273745
    Last edited by mroby85; 10-01-2010 at 09:54 AM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds postgame celebration under investigation..

Dang man, as UNC fan, I mess my pants every time I read the word "investigation" right now!
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

LOL I'm more suprised the FCC hasn't levied fines against FSOhio for the G**D*** and S*** bombs I heard on the postgame comments.

Quote Originally Posted by DocRed View Post
    LOL I'm more suprised the FCC hasn't levied fines against FSOhio for the G**D*** and S*** bombs I heard on the postgame comments.
    Is FSOhio considered a cable station? If so, the FCC may not have a whole lot they can say about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    And finally, since cable TV channels cannot be viewed by those (e.g., children) without the proper equipment, the FCC’s rules regarding acceptable content do not apply to cable TV networks, allowing greater freedom in the use of profanity, sex and violence.

I was capturing the post-game stuff to my computer last night, and my wife and I were trying to determine something:

When Dusty was being interviewed right after the game, we couldn't tell if it was "God, I'm so excited!" or "GD excited."

Dusty's quote was "God Damn. I'm sooo Happy!" and immediately one of my favorites of all time.

I am sick of people thinking that we all have to adhere to each persons "personal" standards. There is no freedom in that.

Complaining about smokers at a place you aren't even at?

Upset at language that is not directed at you or has anything to do with you?

There's only one reply to such ignorance..."Lighten up Francis!"
    Last edited by Red in Atl; 10-01-2010 at 10:26 AM.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

When I first read about this, I thought it was a farce from The Onion - and not The Rally Onion.

Some people are just absolutely unreal. Reminds me of the lady who called 911 because McDonalds ran out of chicken nuggets.

YouTube - Jim Rome Show - The McDonalds 911 "She say she are the Manager" Call "She say she ARE the manager."
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

n/m
    Last edited by TheBigLebowski; 10-01-2010 at 10:29 AM. Reason: dupe post - above
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

I heard about this on the radio yesterday. Utterly ridiculous. None of the 5 people who complained had the guts to leave a name either.

The smoking ban is ridiculous (and I hate cigarette smoke), and to report someone you saw on TV is 10 times as much.
    Sto Pro Veritate

there is a women who was on facebook complaning 2 days ago about the smoking.i read somewhere that the healt department got 5 complainst from people about it.i cut and pasted what i read on the reds offcial facebook this is who complained about the smoking on facebook Kristi Bishop WHY ARE THE REDS ALLOWED TO SMOKE CIGARS ON THE FIELD AND IN CLUBHOUSE, YET NOBODY IS ALLOWED TO IN THE STANDS?that what was said on facebook wenesday mourning.
    please check out my baseball site.plenty of reds,phillies and astros pictures.http://shannonsbaseball.webs.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Red in Atl View Post
    Dusty's quote was "God Damn. I'm sooo Happy!" and immediately one of my favorites of all time.

I am sick of people thinking that we all have to adhere to each persons "personal" standards. There is no freedom in that.

Complaining about smokers at a place you aren't even at?

Upset at language that is not directed at you or has anything to do with you?

There's only one reply to such ignorance..."Lighten up Francis!"
    Agreed 100%. I'm not starting a Holy War but I am a Christian and foul language doesn't bother me in the least...I personally don't say GD but I do cuss like a sailor with other 4 letter words...and I really don't care to hear from anybody that I'm not a true Christian if aI cuss, I believe the way I believe, you believe the way you do, its all good and a great time to be a Reds fan!

Quote Originally Posted by KYRedLeg View Post
    Is FSOhio considered a cable station? If so, the FCC may not have a whole lot they can say about it.

I was capturing the post-game stuff to my computer last night, and my wife and I were trying to determine something:

When Dusty was being interviewed right after the game, we couldn't tell if it was "God, I'm so excited!" or "GD excited."
    That was exactly the GD reference I was talking about. I'm pretty sure he said GD.
    Oh and for the record I think TV and board profanity is way overregulated, I just can't stand the FCC.
    Last edited by DocRed; 10-01-2010 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DocRed View Post
    That was exactly the GD reference I was talking about. I'm pretty sure he said GD.
    Oh and for the record I think TV and board profanity is way overregulated, I just can't stand the FCC.
    You can say that again.

F-----g A!

Quote Originally Posted by will5979 View Post
    Agreed 100%. I'm not starting a Holy War but I am a Christian and foul language doesn't bother me in the least...I personally don't say GD but I do cuss like a sailor with other 4 letter words...and I really don't care to hear from anybody that I'm not a true Christian if aI cuss, I believe the way I believe, you believe the way you do, its all good and a great time to be a Reds fan!
    Thats exactly how I feel. Good post
    Cincinnati Reds
    Marshall Thundering Herd

Kentucky Wildcats
    Indianapolis Colts

Washington Wizards

Also reminds me of one of my all-time favorite movie quotes

YouTube - Harry Doyle Post Game Wrap-Up
    Cincinnati Reds
    Marshall Thundering Herd

Kentucky Wildcats
    Indianapolis Colts

Washington Wizards

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan_12 View Post
    Thats exactly how I feel. Good post
    So what part of Logan you from? I live right down the road from you in C-Ville.

Turn Off Ads?