Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stupid Dish Network

Zoinks!

Re: Stupid Dish Network

He also gave me this link: http://www.jointhefightagainstfox.com/

2. Turn Off Ads?

Dish is doing the same thing nationally. In the St. Louis market, the same thing is happening.

Quote Originally Posted by minus5 View Post
    He also gave me this link: http://www.jointhefightagainstfox.com/
    Propaganda is all that is.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Dish says Fox is asking for a 50% rate increase. Fox is saying Dish is lying about asking for a 50% increase..

Bottom Line : I DON'T GET REDS BASEBALL THE NEXT 3 DAYS!!!!

The bottom line is Dish is going to have to offer some increased rate or they will lose a lot of customers.

FSN has probably increased in popularity over the last few years. They used to show fishing shows and infomercials half the time, and they are obviously spending a bit more on pre and postgame shows than they used to.

Either way, as long as FSN is back by April I won't miss it. And if Dish is dumb enough not to pony up a little more cash by then, they are going to lose a ton of customers.

He sure could hit HalMorrisRules's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cant Touch This View Post
    I've had DirecTV since I moved to Michigan in 2002 and have had a very positive experience. Their customer service is outstanding and I've always been pleased with the product. They are willing to offer promotions and discounts to loyal subscribers to help with monthly costs, as well.

SHAMELESS PLUG: If any of you disgruntled Dish Network folks want to switch to DirecTV, use me as a reference and DirecTV will give each of us $100.
    Pay no attention to the shameless plug above. I will be happy to give you a $100 credit.

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    If there was a ton of games left i would be livid, but with 3 and those 3 having no meaning I can live with it. What bothers me is you can't get out of dish network unless you pay a hefty fine and getting direct TV requires a $200 up front deposit in our area and cable is just way to much.
    They broke the contract not you...tell them to go to hell. You agreed to the contract with Fox sports Ohio and other Fox sports channels. They do not have these anymore...they broke the contract...
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post
    They broke the contract not you...tell them to go to hell. You agreed to the contract with Fox sports Ohio and other Fox sports channels. They do not have these anymore...they broke the contract...
    Unfortunately, this is not true. They have in the contract something to the effect of "Dish network reserves the right to change it's rates/programming at any time".

Quote Originally Posted by SidneySlicker View Post
    Unfortunately, this is not true. They have in the contract something to the effect of "Dish network reserves the right to change it's rates/programming at any time".
    Then I reserve the right not to pay them. What if there programming went down to 3 channels? Do they have the "right" to charge me for canceling?

I don't roll over. They can send me all the bills they want. I told them they have a week to get this straighten out or I'm changing back to cable. If they come after me I'll take them to small claims court here in my home county. Do you think they will send a lawyer down here to Kentucky? No..they won't show up and I get a judgement against them.

They will get it done.. When I called the very nice lady said that EVERYONE calling was very upset and did not care about the fight between Dish and FOX.

Here is another situation..What if you were A.E. doors and you advertise with FOX. You were told you are going to be in like 1.3 million homes every game night, but now it down to 700,000...I would be mad and want a partial refund from FOX. Both sides are getting hit, and they will work it out.

What if you were in California and wanted to get the big games this weekend against the Giants and Padres?? A bunch of mad fans in California..
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

That's not the first network that Dish has "disagreed with" regarding contracts and compensation. There's negatives to every choice when it comes to broadcast viewing, and I guess you just have to go with the one that bothers you the least. For me, I tend to switch every few years between Dish, DirecTV and Cable, and now I'm ready to go to FIOS. Whoever's giving me the best deal seems to work for me. I'd draw the line if I couldn't get FSN-Ohio if I lived in that area.

I hate Dish. First it was the Extra Innings and MLB Network thing, which is still not resolved. Now this happens. Not only are the FSN channels gone but they also pulled MSG and MSG Plus.

FYI, Dish Network is the last major media that's not owned by one of the large conglomerates.

Dish Network is "the little guy". Rupert Murdoch was blocked by Congress from doing a takeover purchase of Dish Network 3 years ago because of one reason only...Congress did not want to give him another pawn in his empire (he already owns DirecTV).

Comcast is owned by Clear Channel (owners of more than 60% of all radio stations and TV stations in the United States).

I'm sure you're familiar with what Disney owns (they are larger than Murdoch or Clear Channel).

All three of these are smaller than the company that owns the BBC.

Only 2 years ago, "The Wall Street Journal" was the last major newspaper to be independently owned. The "children" finally sold out, took the money and ran.

Congress, both Democrats and Republicans, are fighting to keep the internet out of the hands of these corporate giants under the "SaveTheInternet" campaign. If Congress loses out, these Giants will be able to control the bandwidth of each website, and thus decide who gets more access and less access into people's lives....a filtering method that would limit free speech. (They call it, "Net Neutrality".) If a site is unwanted by one of these Giants, then that site gets poor bandwidth when people try to download it onto their internet.

Dish Network is the very last of these independent media outlets. Don't be too harsh with them. If you notice, they have a couple of very unrestricted free speech channels up in the 8000's/9000's that feature programs you'll never find on DirecTV, Cable, or FIOS.

I'm using Cable myself at the moment, have never worked for Dish Network, but I do give money to the "SaveTheInternet" campaign and have written my Congressmen in support of it.

http://www.savetheinternet.com/
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 10-02-2010 at 02:12 AM.

I called dish yesterday and cancelled. I have went with dish for several years and this was the last straw! I'm having direct tv installed on monday and now I will have the NFL ticket the rest of the year!

Rupert Murdoch owns DirecTV.

Rupert Murdoch owns FoxSports.

Rupert Murdoch was denied by Congress the ability to purchase Dish Network about 3 years ago because he already owns too many media outlets (and this scheduling/programming issue is a perfect example of why they didn't want him owning another).

Rupert Murdoch would now like to hurt Dish Network and have you switch to DirecTV.

Rupert Murdoch is to blame for this, not Dish Network.

Turn Off Ads?