Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Harang starting tomorrow?

Harang starting tomorrow?

Are you kidding me? By no means am I a standing's/stats expert, but have we lost all hope of a home advantage during the NLDS? I was just looking at the standings and if we win tomorrow it is still a possibility depending on other factors is it not? I would think Harang's post season status as far as the play-off roster had been determined a long time ago. Why are we still trying to figure this out on the last day?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Harang starting tomorrow?

we have no chance at homefield, just a chance at not playing philly and we have no control of that

Just looked at the standings again, right now I feel like dork for starting this thread

Don't feel bad! I was surprised at Harang starting, but now I see it as a classy move by the PTB to give him a nice send off. He deserves it and I hope he has a good start.

He's a class act, and deserves one last crack at it in front of the home fans.

Harang gets to start opening day and the season finale. Don't make it 0-2!

This is a great move and i wish Harrang well.

Quote Originally Posted by mlh1981 View Post
    He's a class act, and deserves one last crack at it in front of the home fans.
    Totally agree. The game is meaningless, but I hope whoever plays can go out and give him a ton of run support. I especially hope the fans in attendance show appreciation for his time spent here. We all know he's been bad towards the end, but he's never made excuses or ducked anyone. One of my favorite Reds, it just sucks he won't be a contributing member to this whole thing.

Sunday is the day Harang gets honored by REDS' fans for his years of service here.

It's very timing for him to be starting.

Hope he does well. I'm sure the fans will give him a lot of props.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

I have to admit, I think it's a classy move by the Reds. His last start in a Reds uniform. He might pitch in the postseason if we're getting blown out or we use alot of pitchers in one game. Otherwise, this is probably it.

I appreciate the good years he had while the Reds sucked. Gotta be tough. And now he's struggling when times are good. Gotta be tough again.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

Recovering Cubs Fan

Man, I hope you guys are right. I don't care if he doesn't last an inning; he should be given a standing O.

I doubt it, though. He'll get booed again unless he has a very solid outing. Hope I'm wrong.
    FIRE DUSTY Never mind. The man is clearly a genius.

Classy move but we still have something to play for, overall not sure I like the choice but we shall see.

So Long Aaron Harang

Today will probably be Aaron Harang's last start as a Red. I know he has been much malighned for the last year or so but he was our horse for a long time. For several years he was the bright spot in a pretty dismal rotation. He has also done much for the community while he has been here and seems to be an all around good guy. I hope he goes out a winner today and I hope he can go somewhere and get his career back on track next year. Best of luck to you Aaron.

Re: So Long Aaron Harang

I agree. Take care of your wife and those babies to come!

Recovering Cubs Fan

Re: So Long Aaron Harang

Yes. He was my fave Red for a few years.
    FIRE DUSTY Never mind. The man is clearly a genius.

Turn Off Ads?