Turn Off Ads?

Thread: 91-71

91-71

If Reds, Padres, and Braves win tomorrow, 4 out of the 5 NL playoff teams (counting the Giants too, and counting the 1-game playoffs as "playoffs") will have the same record. That's pretty weird.

I want the Padres!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 91-71

I would love a Padres win and Braves loss
    Cincinnati Reds
    Marshall Thundering Herd

Kentucky Wildcats
    Indianapolis Colts

Washington Wizards

I would prefer home field advantage but that is not possible...

That 2nd string lineup game killed us....
    Cincinnati Reds
    Marshall Thundering Herd

Kentucky Wildcats
    Indianapolis Colts

Washington Wizards

Disagree about the 2nd string game. It was close and the first string team could have done that just as easily. They have had games like that this season. Since we've clinched, those guys need time to play and our starters need to rest and not risk getting hurt. I have hoped since August for 91 wins, simply because the '90 team went 91-71. But in the end, it's just numbers.
    Tomorrow's games will be interesting. It would be a change up if we played the Padres or Giants instead!

Quote Originally Posted by aldotcs View Post
    Disagree about the 2nd string game. It was close and the first string team could have done that just as easily. They have had games like that this season. Since we've clinched, those guys need time to play and our starters need to rest and not risk getting hurt.

I concur.
    "...kicks and deals, and it's right down Broadway"
    2009 Attendance Record 1-2
    2010 Attendance Record 3-1
    2011 Attendance Record 2-0
    2012 Attendance Record 6-2

Disagree about the 2nd string game. It was close and the first string team could have done that just as easily. They have had games like that this season. Since we've clinched, those guys need time to play and our starters need to rest and not risk getting hurt. I have hoped since August for 91 wins, simply because the '90 team went 91-71. But in the end, it's just numbers.
    Tomorrow's games will be interesting. It would be a change up if we played the Padres or Giants instead!
    I didnt say they shouldnt have played. But that loss basically ended our chances
    Cincinnati Reds
    Marshall Thundering Herd

Kentucky Wildcats
    Indianapolis Colts

Washington Wizards

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan_12 View Post
    I didnt say they shouldnt have played. But that loss basically ended our chances
    Wouldn't we have had to sweep to get home field field advantage? I didn't check all the scenarios so I'm not sure.

if we hadn't blew last night we would have had the chance at 92 wins and the two seed.. That might friends makes me angry!!

Wouldn't we have had to sweep to get home field field advantage? I didn't check all the scenarios so I'm not sure.
    No. If we win tmar, and everyone else would lose, we woud have finished 1 loss ahead
    Cincinnati Reds
    Marshall Thundering Herd

Kentucky Wildcats
    Indianapolis Colts

Washington Wizards

No. If we win tmar, and everyone else would lose, we woud have finished 1 loss ahead
    I'm not sure I follow. If we win and everyone else loses tomorrow, we would have been one game ahead? That sounds like we would have had to sweep and then depend on everyone else to lose. Too much of a long shot for me to worry about how that loss killed our chance at 2nd seed.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPoppa View Post
    I concur.
    Un-concur.

I'm not sure I follow. If we win and everyone else loses tomorrow, we would have been one game ahead? That sounds like we would have had to sweep and then depend on everyone else to lose. Too much of a long shot for me to worry about how that loss killed our chance at 2nd seed.
    1 game will end up costing us. We lost that night, SFO won. We lost a game that "clinched" us going on the road first.
    Cincinnati Reds
    Marshall Thundering Herd

Kentucky Wildcats
    Indianapolis Colts

Washington Wizards

1 game will end up costing us. We lost that night, SFO won. We lost a game that "clinched" us going on the road first.
    The one game didn't do us in...the several we just weren't quite able to win in September did. It really doesn't matter...someone has to be 3rd seed and it's us. In the long run, it's how we play in those games that matters. If it all depended on who goes on the road first, what's the point in the playoffs?

Turn Off Ads?