Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2010 Ryder Cup Thread

2010 Ryder Cup Thread

I'm stoked for the Ryder Cup. Next to the World Cup, this is my favorite sporting event. I actually think teams are evenly matched and the US team shouldn't really be considered much of an underdog. Monty did us a huge favor by not putting Casey and Rose on the team.

I just watched the opening ceremonies and I've gotta say that Colin Montgomerie might be the biggest arse in all of sports. Everything that guys does or says just rubs methe wrong way. There are some sports villains out there that you recognize it's mostly perceptions and he's probably a pretty good guy. I used to dislike Lee Westwood, but I always recognized it was mostly based on a couple of comments here or there (I've actually grown to like Westwood this year).

With Monty, I don't think this is the case. After all the grief he gets, he still manages to be as arse jsut about every time he opens his mouth. The guy is just a geniune schmuck. I think this is actually rare, but he's as big a schmuck as anyone I can remember.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2010 Ryder Cup Thread

How are you going to watch it MWM? DVR and get up early or are you watching it live?
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

I love the Ryder Cup too. The U.S. is an underdog - especially because of Tiger's struggles - also from it being across the pond but who knows what will happen?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

The senior writer from Sports Illustrated, Gary Van Sickle, doesn't share that opinion about Colin Montgomerie. Here is what he had to write.

If you could win a Ryder Cup on Wednesday with passion, charm and wit, European captain Colin Montgomerie would already be walking away with Samuel Ryder's coveted little trophy.
    I have never had a problem with Montgomerie or Westwood or Casey.
    To each his own I suppose.

Read more: http://www.golf.com/golf/tours_news/...#ixzz1122OX0PJ

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    How are you going to watch it MWM? DVR and get up early or are you watching it live?
    Well, if I weren't feeling awful today and at home sick (my first sick day in a long time), I'd probably just stay home tomorrow morning and watch it on the DVR. But as it stands, I'll have to DVR it and watch tomorrow evening.

But I will watch every shot.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Go Jeff Overton!

Somehow, I am having trouble getting psyched up for this.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    The senior writer from Sports Illustrated, Gary Van Sickle, doesn't share that opinion about Colin Montgomerie. Here is what he had to write.
    There's always a few guys who like a generally disliked player. Monty is seen by most as ungracious, a whiner, a choker, belligerent and even disliked by his own teammates.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

There's really nothing to like about Monty. Zippo.

I'm excited too for the Ryder Cup. I'll watch a little tomorrow and Saturday before work. Sunday, however, I'll watch every shot. I can't wait. Go USA!
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Hey Kyle, I'm playing in the Pro-Am for the Nationwide event here in Jax in 3 weeks at Sawgrass. Very excited!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Hey Kyle, I'm playing in the Pro-Am for the Nationwide event here in Jax in 3 weeks at Sawgrass. Very excited!!!
    Sweet. That'll be a lot of fun. You'll be nervous, but don't take it too seriously. Just have fun and enjoy the moment.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

I really enjoy the Ryder Cup. It is great fun to watch all this big time players play in a team atmosphere for pride and little else.

It will be interesting to see how Tiger players. I have a feeling its going to be at one end of the spectrum or the other. He will either go 4-1 or 1-4.

I can't believe Colin Montgomery left off Paul Casey and Justin Rose, two of the best Europeans playing today.

I want to see a Harrington Woods matchup on the final day. Two great players who have had awful years for different reasons. That would be some pretty good drama.

Part of me hopes the Americans break out those shirts from 1999 when they made the historic comeback. Quite honestly the ugliest shirts I have ever seen.

I don't like the changes that have been made to make sure it gets finished by Sunday. Pavin clearly built this team based on being able to sit some guys out of alternate shot (big bombers) and play them in 4-ball. Now all of those guys will have to play two alternate shot matches. This defintiely favors the Europeans who have more preceision guys, and fewer power guys.

I'm sure Pavin builds his team differently knowing this.

What Project Runway designer came up with our wardrobes?

Bruno?
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    Go Jeff Overton!

Somehow, I am having trouble getting psyched up for this.
    Amazingly, he and his partner were the first paired rookies to win their opening match for the U.S. in 32 years.

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62 View Post
    What Project Runway designer came up with our wardrobes?

Bruno?
    No kidding. Those are atrocious. I think it's ruining Tiger's game.

Turn Off Ads?