Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Bengals-Browns game thread

Re: Bengals-Browns game thread

defensive freaking holding

lmao

2. Turn Off Ads?

Defense gives up another 1st down.

Its going to get ugly when they start playing teams with good QBs again.

That is the ballgame. Browns can run out the clock now

:sigh:

Really really hope Jordan is alright and really really hope karma pays TJ Ward back in a big way very soon.

Game was dominated statistically by the Bengals, but that stupid fumble by Palmer and the blocked FG was the difference.

And I won't shed a single tear if Ward suffers a season-ending injury at some point this year.

Thank goodness for Reds playoff baseball because this NFL season is going to be a clunker.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

I'm really afraid this season is the beginning of another long period of bad Bengals football. The offensive line needs an overhaul. There isn't one legitimate playmaker in the front seven. The receivers are old. And the quarterback is past his prime, but due to his large/long contract coupled with cheap ownership, he will be the starter for the next three or four years. You aren't going to solve all of those problems, but even to address most of them will take several years.

Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

Browns fan here. Ward is well known for big hits, but I won't defend that one. Pretty malicious in my view. He could have blown him up without trying to decapitate him
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BoydsOfSummer View Post
    Browns fan here. Ward is well known for big hits, but I won't defend that one. Pretty malicious in my view. He could have blown him up without trying to decapitate him
    and there would have been absolutely nothing wrong with that.

I hope Shipley's ok.

I usually don't question the Refs. Today I have to say that was one of the worst crews I have ever seen. Three blown calls and they were all tremendously important.

I don't even want to rant about the Bengals problems. I'm just asking if anyone can remember a crew as inept as that one.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    That one was just a great hit. Robinson lowered his head as Ward was flying it, so it made it look a bit like a head-hunting job, but it wasn't. Ward had already started flying in and Robinson ducked. Nothing Ward could have done on that one.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    I usually don't question the Refs. Today I have to say that was one of the worst crews I have ever seen. Three blown calls and they were all tremendously important.

I don't even want to rant about the Bengals problems. I'm just asking if anyone can remember a crew as inept as that one.
    The three bad ones.

1. Unnecessary roughness on Chinny for trying to separate the WR for the ball.
    2. Dhani getting flagged for PI
    3. Defensive holding.

I dispise that head official. I just don't think he calls a good game. Those three calls were awful and clearly helped out the Browns.

That said the Bengals had their chances and just didn't capatilize. Hopefully Carson uses this game as a springboard instead of an outlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post

I don't know what was worse: the skipped pass for a completion, the phantom PI call on Dhani on 3rd down, or the phantom defensive holding on that last drive. I understand what defensive holding is on the line but Pat Sims did absolutely nothing on that play and got flagged for it. It would have been 3rd and long with 4+ minutes on the clock but instead the Browns got a first down and ran out the clock. Of course, the Bengals could have manned up and stopped them...
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

A friend of mine just posted this on facebook.

"RT@MissEnquirer:TJ Ward on hit on Shipley:“I hit him with my shoulder.They tried to yap at me, but I ignored them. I would do it again.”"

I hope this isn't forgotten when the Browns come into town later this year.

Turn Off Ads?