Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Least favorite sports radio personality.

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

Least favorite sports radio personality.

I have a feeling Colin Cowherd is on most lists. But I have yet to find anyone more annoying than ESPN's Freddy Coleman. I don't know if it's his cadence or his use of WAY too many pronouns, but he is one fellow I can't stand to listen to for more than 5 minutes.

It probably wouldn't bug me so much if it wasn't for the fact that he is on for what seemingly appears to be 9 hours a day.

So, yours?
    Witty signature.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Least favorite radio personality.

Cowherd is number 1 on my list. After he took over for Kornheiser he wasn't that bad in the beginning, however he has since developed his smug schtick that just grates on me. I definitely go out of my way not to listen to anything he says.

I would say Rome would be number 2 but its more his format that turns me off.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Cowherd is number 1 on my list. After he took over for Kornheiser he wasn't that bad in the beginning, however he has since developed his smug schtick that just grates on me. I definitely go out of my way not to listen to anything he says.

I would say Rome would be number 2 but its more his format that turns me off.
    Cowherd will never get my ears again. He has the most arrogant attitude and his voice is annoying as can be.

I only listen to Mo Egger and Jim Rome anyway. That's the only talk radio I can handle. Rome is actually funny and that makes up for his arrogance.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Quote Originally Posted by sonny View Post
    I have a feeling Colin Cowherd is on most lists. But I have yet to find anyone more annoying than ESPN's Freddy Coleman. I don't know if it's his cadence or his use of WAY too many pronouns, but he is one fellow I can't stand to listen to for more than 5 minutes.

It probably wouldn't bug me so much if it wasn't for the fact that he is on for what seemingly appears to be 9 hours a day.

So, yours?
    I completely agree about Freddy Coleman, I cannot listen to that guy. And it's not his opinions it's like you said cadence and delivery.

I like Rome, but can't stand his callers and I guess his format. I can listen to maybe 15-20 mins a day and then it just gets to be too much.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    Cowherd will never get my ears again. He has the most arrogant attitude and his voice is annoying as can be.

I only listen to Mo Egger and Jim Rome anyway. That's the only talk radio I can handle. Rome is actually funny and that makes up for his arrogance.
    I have a feeling Cowherd wouldn't be on most lists here if he never said a word about the Reds. . . and he ended up being right.

With that said, I'd have to say that I'm not a big fan of Cowherd myself. He admits that he's a big market homer himself and a bandwagon fan too. That's fine as long as he can admit it, but I just don't like his obvious favortism that he has admitted.

As for Rome, I like listening to show but only in small doses. I can't listen to it for more than a week or few days at a time, then I need a break.

I don't listen to a ton of radio but John Sterling is brutal. Just brutal.

I will say that I HATED Doug Gottlieb when he was on ESPN. But now that I've listened to him on the radio, I think he's one of my favorites now. I can't explain, but I think he's pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    I will say that I HATED Doug Gottlieb when he was on ESPN. But now that I've listened to him on the radio, I think he's one of my favorites now. I can't explain, but I think he's pretty good.
    When he first started he just seemed like an arrogant sob. I don't know what changed in him but he is one of my favorites.

I do like to listen to Cowherd. I turn him off when he is talking about baseball though. He is very knowledgeable about both college and pro football.

Scott Van Pelt is my favorite voice on radio. Always enjoyed when he was on SportsCenter and like him now on the radio.

I have a feeling Cowherd wouldn't be on most lists here if he never said a word about the Reds. . . and he ended up being right.

With that said, I'd have to say that I'm not a big fan of Cowherd myself. He admits that he's a big market homer himself and a bandwagon fan too. That's fine as long as he can admit it, but I just don't like his obvious favortism that he has admitted.

As for Rome, I like listening to show but only in small doses. I can't listen to it for more than a week or few days at a time, then I need a break.
    Haven't listened to Cowherd in over two years so your attempt is wrong.

He used to talk about USC every second and acts like an insider. He has a gigantic ego and is boring. I listened for a few months and decided I would never listen again and I haven't.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

I can't stand Cowherd, but pretty much everything on 1360's National programming is awful (other than Dan Patrick).

Quote Originally Posted by sonny View Post

So, yours?
    Freddy Coleman hands down.

I never have a problem with the shock jocks. Most guys just say stuff to get people rattled for ratings. At least those people are good at what they do. Coleman is not very good, his infatuation with the NFL makes it impossible to listen to him when he's doing a general show and he really puts me to sleep.

I like Cowherd, Rome, etc.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

If by "right" you mean "dead wrong," then you are spot on.

Tom Gamble, one of the "two angry guys". His voice drives me crazy. He's on 96.5 in the mornings now.
    Last edited by Redhook; 10-15-2010 at 08:45 PM.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

What kind of name is Todd Gack?

How on earth does somebody conclude that Cowherd was right about the Reds? Wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Turn Off Ads?