Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Bengals-Browns game thread

Re: Bengals-Browns game thread

It should also be noted that Ndukwe's hit was clean. It never should have been flagged. This from the Bengals website:

Bengals safety Chinedum Ndukwe has learned he won't be fined for his hit on tight end Ben Watson at the end of the first half that was flagged for unnecessary roughness. "They said it was clean," Ndukwe said. "They said we won the appeal."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    No, he wasn't supposed to slow up. But, he also didn't have to raise up and obliterate Shipley in the face either. And late too. He easily could've avoided the hit, or most of it, if he wanted to.

Listen, I love big hits in football. It's great to see a guy get blown up from time to time. I just can't stand cheap hits. Late hits. And, specifically, ones to the head.
    Did you think Hines Ward's hit was cheap on Keith Rivers?

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    Did you think Hines Ward's hit was cheap on Keith Rivers?
    No. It wasn't cheap. It would've been nice if he hit him a little lower so River's jaw didn't break, but it wasn't cheap at all. Huge difference between Hines' hit and TJ's, IMO.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

No. It wasn't cheap. It would've been nice if he hit him a little lower so River's jaw didn't break, but it wasn't cheap at all. Huge difference between Hines' hit and TJ's, IMO.
    You do realize Shipley would've received the same hit had he caught the ball, right? The hits by Ward will never stop no matter what rule you put in place. It's just another rule to help out the offenses.

The Browns seem to be proud of the hit. Hope they don't complain in 20 years when half of them are permanently disabled and unable to work from all the punishment they put their bodies through.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    Oh, of course! Todd Gack. Who did you bet was in Star Wars? Sammy Davis Jr.?
    I think it was Dustin Hoffman

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    The Browns seem to be proud of the hit. Hope they don't complain in 20 years when half of them are permanently disabled and unable to work from all the punishment they put their bodies through.
    Rodney Harrison made a career out of those kind of hits. One thing that will happen is that receivers around the league will take notice and for a safety having a reputation as a head hunter is probably not a bad thing.

If the NFL wanted to get serious they would have to start suspending guys for multiple games.

Anyone see this?

joereedy And it's on RT @MaryKayCabot: #Browns DC Rob Ryan says if Bengals want to talk cheap shots, Livings dove & hit Fujita in back of legs
    2 minutes ago

RT @MaryKayCabot: Did I forget to mention that #Browns DC Rob Ryan called Livings an ---hole for hitting Fujita in back of legs?#nfl

http://twitter.com/joereedy

Quote Originally Posted by Playadlc View Post
    Anyone see this?

joereedy And it's on RT @MaryKayCabot: #Browns DC Rob Ryan says if Bengals want to talk cheap shots, Livings dove & hit Fujita in back of legs
    2 minutes ago

RT @MaryKayCabot: Did I forget to mention that #Browns DC Rob Ryan called Livings an ---hole for hitting Fujita in back of legs?#nfl

http://twitter.com/joereedy

It looks like you can add cheap shots as another thing Livings isn't good at.

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513 View Post
    It looks like you can add cheap shots as another thing Livings isn't good at.

We can't even cheat right.

I remember Collingsworth getting decapitated by one of the Browns DB's and they were barking at him afterwards or right after it. Classless DB's who had height complexes and tried to be cheap shot artists under the guise of "hard nose football"

Not one of the Bengals players came over and basically say anything or take one of them out. Never saw them do anything in any other games to take those punks out. I think it was Minnifield. So all this payback stuff is bull.

Maybe they will get lucky and get Ward near the sidelines and hit him hard enough to nail Mangini.

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85 View Post
    Rodney Harrison made a career out of those kind of hits. One thing that will happen is that receivers around the league will take notice and for a safety having a reputation as a head hunter is probably not a bad thing.

If the NFL wanted to get serious they would have to start suspending guys for multiple games.
    And Rodney Harrison was a classless dirty player. If they want to play that way, fine, whatever. However, I'm tired of hearing all these old-timers complain about how the NFL has gone soft, yet turn around and whine about how the NFL doesn't take care of them now that they're old and disabled and all took early withdrawals on their pensions so that they don't have any money left now that they need it. But they want people to feel sorry for them to guilt the NFL and the Players Association into giving them more money.

The Browns can sit there and crow about how great it is that hits like this are going to make WRs scared to go over the middle on them. But I have a feeling these same jerks are going to be the ones whining in 10-20 years about how they're permanently disabled because the NFL didn't do enough to protect them when they were playing. If you want to play football like that and take pride in it, then you have no one to blame but yourself when you're 50 and need a live-in home care assistant to change your diapers. When are these guys going to learn that this kind of play is dangerous? Will it take a death on the field?
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

More nasty hits this weekend. Some of these guys are getting obliterated out there. I really don't want someone to die on the football field, but, at this point in time, I'm kind of expecting it to happen.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

More nasty hits this weekend. Some of these guys are getting obliterated out there. I really don't want someone to die on the football field, but, at this point in time, I'm kind of expecting it to happen.
    I find it interesting how the Browns seemed to take pride in T.J. Ward's hit on Shipley when they played the Bengals, yet they seemed to be on the receiving end of it this past weekend. What goes around comes around. I got and idea. Instead of defensive players launching themselves at the offensive player in order to knock his block off, why don't they practice sound fundamentals and wrap the guy up? There is no need to lead with the helmet or use your shoulder pads to bludgeon your opponent.

Turn Off Ads?