Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Troy Smith to Start Sunday

Troy Smith to Start Sunday

I didn't see this anywhere but Troy Smith will get the start for San Francisco this Sunday in London against Denver. This means Troy and Ted Ginn are together again. I hope they do well.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Troy Smith to Start Sunday

Congrats to the former Buckeye for leading the niners to only their second victory of the season.

It seemed like it took a while for them to put any trust in Troy's arm, as he mostly just handed off to Gore and got out of the way but he did end up throwing for one touchdown and running for another with a QB rating of 115 which was better than his counterpart, Kyle Orton.

Hopefully he will get the chance to keep starting. He is one of my favorite Buckeyes. He would have been the starter in Baltimore if it wasn't for that weird illness he got a couple years ago.

I still think he'll have a career as a starter, some guys just take a few years to get their chance.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    I still think he'll have a career as a starter, some guys just take a few years to get their chance.
    There aren't a lot of 6 ft starters in the NFL. He'll certainly buck the odds if he does. I guess he can take solace in Drew Brees

Punt Palmer, pick up Troy Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    There aren't a lot of 6 ft starters in the NFL. He'll certainly buck the odds if he does. I guess he can take solace in Drew Brees
    I see what ya did there!

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    I see what ya did there!
    You give me more credit than I deserve...

Quote Originally Posted by BuckWild03 View Post
    Congrats to the former Buckeye for leading the niners to only their second victory of the season.

It seemed like it took a while for them to put any trust in Troy's arm, as he mostly just handed off to Gore and got out of the way but he did end up throwing for one touchdown and running for another with a QB rating of 115 which was better than his counterpart, Kyle Orton.
    Some guys on the local sports radio channel here in Columbus were pretty hard on him.I didn't watch but, according to them he was pretty terrible in the first half and was just ok in the second half even going as far as to say that most of his success was luck.You'd have to be pretty lucky to end up with a 115 QB rating.

I'm very interested in seeing how Troy does in SF.He has given myself along with many fellow Buckeye fans a lot of great memories.Seems like this might be his shot.There are plenty of weapons available for him and not much competition at his position and with the division he's in the Niners might not be out of it even at 2-6.We'll see.

Career path could go like Jeff Blake's, he didn't get a chance until his third season, and while he was never an elite QB he had a respectable career. He was also 6 ft (NFL.com has him at 6'1, but I'm pretty sure I remember him being listed at 6'0 back in the 90's).
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Turn Off Ads?