Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your game 1 lineup?

Your game 1 lineup?

Hi, Phillies fan here. Congrats on making it back to the postseason, this should be a fun series.

I'm not here to troll, just here to have a good mature discussion about the series.

Any questions you guys have about the Phils just fire away.

What is the Reds lineup going to look like for game 1 against Doc?

Ruiz got hit hard in the elbow today but will probably be ok for game 1. Not sure if Manuel will lead off Rollins because he is still rusty but our 8 barring injuries will stay the same the entire series as we don't platoon left vs right etc.,,

Victorino
    Polanco
    Utley
    Howard
    Werth
    Ibanez
    Rollins
    Ruiz

Starters will be Doc,Oswalt,Cole,Doc,Oswalt

The pen will probably be limited to 4 pitchers Manuel really trusts. Durbin & Contreras for middle relief. Madson and Lidge for the 8th and 9th with normal starter Blanton getting some limited action. The rest of our bullpen is pretty bad and probably won't see much time unless there is a blowout.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Your game 1 lineup?

Welcome. The lineup is kind of up in the air but I think this will be close.

1. Phillips -2b
    2. Cabrera - SS
    3- Votto -1b
    4- Rolen - 3b
    5- Bruce - RF
    6- Gomes - LF
    7 - Stubbs - CF
    8- Hernandez - C
    9- Volquez- P

Other Starters - Arroyo(R), Cueto(R)
    Reserves - Janish (IF) Cairo (IF) Nix (OF) Heisey (OF) and maybe Edmonds (OF)

Bullpen will probably include - Long Men - Wood(L), Bailey(R). Middle Relief - Ondrusek(R) and Bray(L), 7th Inning -Masset (R), Rhodes (L) 8th Inning - Chapman (L) Closer - Cordero (R)

How has Hamels looked his last few starts?? I know he was very hot there for a while but I saw he gave up a few in Atlanta today.

Wow, you guys are loaded with lefties in the pen. That is one flaw we have. We don't have a good lefty out of the pen.

Cole pitched 2 scoreless today but struggled a little in his last outing against the Braves allowing about 5 runs.

He has been really good the 2nd half of the season. He has about a 2.00 ERA in his last 15 starts.

I think a lot depends on Jim Edmonds. If he can run on Monday you guys will get a healthy dose of Jimmy Ballgame!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by arkimadee View Post
    Welcome. The lineup is kind of up in the air but I think this will be close.

1. Phillips -2b
    2. Cabrera - SS
    3- Votto -1b
    4- Rolen - 3b
    5- Bruce - RF
    6- Gomes - LF
    7 - Stubbs - CF
    8- Hernandez - C
    9- Volquez- P
    Looks about right... I hope Bruce bats before Gomes
    Cincinnati Reds
    Marshall Thundering Herd

Kentucky Wildcats
    Indianapolis Colts

Washington Wizards

I would love to see Bruce in the 2 hole in front of Votto and Rolen. But, I seriously doubt it will happen.

The lineup I hope for against Halladay and Oswalt would be:

Phillips
    Bruce
    Votto
    Rolen
    Edmonds
    Stubbs
    Orlando
    Hernandez

Quote Originally Posted by arkimadee View Post
    How has Hamels looked his last few starts?? I know he was very hot there for a while but I saw he gave up a few in Atlanta today.
    Hi all.
    Hamels was really dominant until his last start before the start today, where he gave up like 5 runs in 4 innings which was the only loss for h2o in september.
    Cole only pitched 2 innings today, with out giving up any runs.
    Don't let his record fool you, he has had a great year and could easily have more wins than he does.
    Oswalt has been a different pitcher since he was traded to Philadelphia, and is using his change up much more than you guys are probably used to. I can't wait for Wed

Is anyone taking the Reds seriously in Philly?

I think even most Reds fans would admit Philly is the better team overall in terms of talent, but there is always that hope that anything could happen in a short series.

Quote Originally Posted by NeilHamburger View Post

I think even most Reds fans would admit Philly is the better team overall in terms of talent, but there is always that hope that anything could happen in a short series.
    To be honest with you, not really. And thats not anything against the Reds, its just that the Phillies have had a million injuries and still had the best record with 97 wins. The NL central is viewed as a week division, so most people are thinking a sweep or a Phillies win in 4. I agree that it is a short series and anything can happen.

I would go with

Phillips, 2B
    Hanigan, C
    Votto, 1B
    Bruce, RF
    Rolen, 3B
    Edmonds, LF(if ready)
    Stubbs, CF
    Cabrera, SS
    (Pitcher)

but I know it won't happen.

I say this as a Reds fan, and I don't even mean to sound defeated, just realistic. But, if both teams play to their potential I think the Phillies win in 3 or 4.

The Reds hope is that:

1. For whatever reason Philly doesn't play up to potential
    2. An amazing performance from someone other then Votto (I can't imagine Charlie letting him beat the Phillies)

Quote Originally Posted by NeilHamburger View Post
    Yes, especially in a short 5 game series. Same thing with the opening series we had with Colorado last year, those best of 5's don't give you much room for error. Expectations are really high here though and most fans expect a return to the WS anything less would be seen as a disappointing season with our talent level. Our players probably feel the same way that is why the division clinch celebration for the Phils was somewhat laid back.

Quote Originally Posted by bridge_to_lidge View Post
    To be honest with you, not really. And thats not anything against the Reds, its just that the Phillies have had a million injuries and still had the best record with 97 wins. The NL central is viewed as a week division, so most people are thinking a sweep or a Phillies win in 4. I agree that it is a short series and anything can happen.
    We gotcha where we want ya.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Question for those Phillies fans on here. What is the best Phillies forum on the interwebs?

Turn Off Ads?