15 23.08%
  • Phillies in 5

7 10.77%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NLDS: Philly v. Cincinnati Predictions Thread

Re: NLDS: Philly v. Cincinnati Predictions Thread

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC1212 View Post
    This.

BTW-I just got done watching the 30 for 30 movie on ESPN about the Red Sox's improbable comeback in the 2004 ALCS and to borrow a phrase that was used a lot during this movie...why the heck not us??! No one gave those guys a chance to overcome that bad defecit against a tough Yankee team, the 1990 Reds team wasn't given much of a chance vs. the mighty A's, the media folks counted the Reds out for most of the season, and yes, they're counting them out now but why the heck not us? This season has been so magical and memorable for so many fans and I just can't wrap my mind around why people can't simply say that anything is possible. Yes, the Phillies are an awesome team, yes they're the faves to get back to the World Series, but hey, this is baseball and ANYTHING can happen. I won't be disappointed at all if I'm wrong, this team has given me way more than I anticipated this season and I'm proud of them no matter what, but I totally believe in these guys and I think they've got a shot to take this series in four games. GO REDS.

How's that for a pep talk?! LOL :
    It's hard not to respect that Red Sox team. I hate the Red Sox even more than the Yankees, but I respect the heck out of that team for what they did.

I loved Kevin Millar before game 4. "Don't let us win tonight..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by kbrake View Post
    I'm usually wrong, Phillies in 4.
    Yup, same and same.

Reds in 5.

Beat Holladay & Oswalt once & win game 3 vs Hamels.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

My head says the Phillies....duh.

However, I've been known to have a clouded thought process from time to time.

Go Reds! A little bit of 1990 could go a long way!

Phils in 4. I've undersold the team all year so why quit now?

6 months of heartbreak Bob Borkowski's Avatar

The Reds in 4. 'A Team of Destiny'.

Hopefully I am wrong but I think it will be the Phillies in 4. I do think if the Reds can win one of the first 2 games in Philly they have a real chance to pull off the upset.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    Hopefully I am wrong but I think it will be the Phillies in 4. I do think if the Reds can win one of the first 2 games in Philly they have a real chance to pull off the upset.
    Definitely!

If they can come out guns blazing against Halladay tomorrow, who knows what might happen. Of course, that's not to say I want them up there hacking. But a crooked number in inning 1 and/or 2 could let EV settle in, and could get the mojo rolling the right way.

Momentum and psyche are a big part of the postseason, IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

Halliday is obviously the highest of echelons when it comes to MLB pitchers, but tomorrow will also be his first playoff appearance. Whether or not if effects him, we'll find out

Phillies in 5.

The nice thing is I picked both the Pirates and A's to win their series against the Reds in 90', so I really don't know what the hell I am talking about alot of the time.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

One win in Philly tips the scales. Reds in four.

I hope like heck the Reds win.. That's all I know.

I can't sleep I'm so excited/nervous. I just hope Edinson pitches to his true ability. If he does the Reds have a great shot tomorrow.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    If they can come out guns blazing against Halladay tomorrow, who knows what might happen. Of course, that's not to say I want them up there hacking. But a crooked number in inning 1 and/or 2 could let EV settle in, and could get the mojo rolling the right way.

Momentum and psyche are a big part of the postseason, IMO.
    It worked once this year.The Reds were completely hacktastic in a day game earlier this year and were able to beat Halladay. Cincinnati managed 4 runs over 8 IP.Roy's not going to walk many so they might as well be ready to swing and swing often.

I've got the Reds in 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
    It worked once this year.The Reds were completely hacktastic in a day game earlier this year and were able to beat Halladay. Cincinnati managed 4 runs over 8 IP.Roy's not going to walk many so they might as well be ready to swing and swing often.
    I was in class during the day game, so I didn't get to see how they approached him. I do remember how big of a deal it was when they came back to beat him, though.

I'm not opposed to being aggressive. I just hope they're smart about the pitches they go after, but I guess that goes without saying.

Side note, I was reading on a Philly forum tonight and one poster put up something like "Well, The Reds are 5-30 against the trio of starting pitchers we're running out there, etc. etc."

Guess it never occurred to him/her that 23 of those win belong to Oswalt, and almost all of them came when he was much younger, and The Reds were mired in the lost decade.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

Turn Off Ads?