5 7.69%
  • Phillies in 4

15 23.08%
  • Phillies in 5

7 10.77%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NLDS: Philly v. Cincinnati Predictions Thread

Re: NLDS: Philly v. Cincinnati Predictions Thread

Didn't the Reds get like 12 hits off of Halladay in that game two? It worked earlier this year, but you're asking to be CG SO if you do it again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Didn't the Reds get like 12 hits off of Halladay in that game two? It worked earlier this year, but you're asking to be CG SO if you do it again.
    Well he did almost pitch a complete game going 8 and struck out 10 as well,but I'd take the final result of that game.13 hits and 4 runs and a win.

This is the playoffs, a five game series, anything can happen.

If the Reds win one of the two games in Philly, I like our chances.

If the Reds should win both games in the city of brotherly love...

It's over and Cincinnati, Ohio will once again be "The Baseball Capital Of The World"!

The Reds are going to the World Series IF they get past the Phillies.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Reds in 3.
    Not that I wouldn't like to see that, and wouldn't complain, you do realize we have tickets to game 4 don't you.

I wanna see the Reds clinch it in game 4! :
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Reds in five, Cordero nailing down the save of a 1-run game. Cincinnati area hospitals report a rash of emergency room visits from Cincinnatians with chest pains.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Trying to go into this as positively as possible despite the concerns I've been spouting all year. Coming out party for Jay Bruce as the next big thing becomes the current big thing. Reds in 4.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Phillies in 3.
    The powers that be want the Phillies. Be prepared for strange calls, juiced balls, etc.
    /conspiracy.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

My head says the Phillies in four.
    If the Reds can get game 1 I think they have a real shot at winning this series. Philadelphia will go into panic and the pressur eon them will go up immeasurably to win game two. If the Reds lose I can's see any way they could beat the Phils three of the next four though. It's just good being back in the playoffs again. It's been a long wait.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

The Reds in 5.

They split in Philly, they split in Cincy, and the Reds pull off the road upset in game 5.

For game 5, Travis Wood and Roy Halladay repeat their mid-season duel with Wood coming out on top after Votto hits a key 3 run homer in the 6th.

I really hope Dusty doesn't play small ball.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

I may be proven embarrassingly wrong in a few days, but I think the Reds take game 2 against Oswalt without a problem. I think beating Oswalt is symbolic of the team burning the last of its demons (or whatever you do with demons, bury them, lock them in the fridge, whatever. I'm not all that experienced here--I usually play Parcheesi with mine.)

I also think they have a shot today against Halliday. No guarantees. Still, only one win in the first two games turns the momentum in the short series. Two wins, and it's all good.

Feelin' positive. Let's get this thing started.
    Last edited by tixe; 10-06-2010 at 08:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC1212 View Post
    This.

BTW-I just got done watching the 30 for 30 movie on ESPN about the Red Sox's improbable comeback in the 2004 ALCS and to borrow a phrase that was used a lot during this movie...why the heck not us??! No one gave those guys a chance to overcome that bad defecit against a tough Yankee team, the 1990 Reds team wasn't given much of a chance vs. the mighty A's, the media folks counted the Reds out for most of the season, and yes, they're counting them out now but why the heck not us? This season has been so magical and memorable for so many fans and I just can't wrap my mind around why people can't simply say that anything is possible. Yes, the Phillies are an awesome team, yes they're the faves to get back to the World Series, but hey, this is baseball and ANYTHING can happen. I won't be disappointed at all if I'm wrong, this team has given me way more than I anticipated this season and I'm proud of them no matter what, but I totally believe in these guys and I think they've got a shot to take this series in four games. GO REDS.

How's that for a pep talk?! LOL :
    Bronson was really good in that, too, talking about walking in after Schilling's surgery--called it almost barbaric?--and A-Rod slapping the ball out of his glove.

Reds in 5, just because it would be the only really big surprise, and baseball is all about surprises.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Turn Off Ads?