Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TODAY Is The Day!!!

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

TODAY Is The Day!!!

First playoff baseball in what seems like a lifetime. I have been up since 5:30. 5:07 pm can't get here soon enough!! GOOOOO Reds!!
    Founder and Ruling Elite of the Derrick Robinson Fan Club. Limited amount of memberships available.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: TODAY Is The Day!!!

I woke up at 6:30 and popped right up. I'm 22 years old. I don't remember 1995. THIS, is what I've been waiting for.
    2010 Attendance Record: 7-4
    2009 Attendance Record: 14-16

Stop! Homer time!!

Quote Originally Posted by corwinator3407 View Post
    I woke up at 6:30 and popped right up. I'm 22 years old. I don't remember 1995. THIS, is what I've been waiting for.
    Same here. As soon as my class gets over at 4:50, everyone better get out of my way so I can get home.

13 Belongs in Cooperstown Captain13's Avatar

I remember '95, but I was in my first year away at college (so really I don't remember it). I haven't been this excited about baseball in October since 1990, and for the first time I get to go to a post-season baseball game (Sunday). As for today, I get off work at 4:00, race to get the kids out of pre-school and sit my tail down in front of the TV. WooHoo, I can't wait.
    What if this is as good as it gets?

'19 '40 '75 '76 '90

Quote Originally Posted by corwinator3407 View Post
    I'm 23 so I feel you there. Got up around 5 myself.

8 hours 58 minutes...

I'm (unfortunately??) old enough to remember '90 quite well. There were so many great moments in that entire playoff series....

Here's hoping we get a few more this year.
    Sto Pro Veritate

'19 '40 '75 '76 '90

http://www.wunderground.com/sports/M...?st=1286384820

60 degrees and a chance of rain all night tonight. Wind around 5mph. In case anyone is interested, the rain could play a factor.

I've already started practicing most comfortable way to sit on the couch with laptop by my side. I only have to finalize snacks to eat and a beverage list.

In 1990, I was in elementary school. I remember the kids on the school bus taunting me, telling me the A's would dominate. And honestly, I believed them. You know what happened next.

I feel like I did on the school bus before the World Series started. Everyone tells me the Reds can't beat the Phillies. But now I know better.

I wiil be in the upper deck behind home plate today. First playoff game I have ever seen, should be an experience.

I feel obligated to chime in about my excitement...

21 years old, went out last night, got very drunk and woke up at 8 and my first thought was not about my hangover or wanting water...it was "HOLY CRAP THE REDS PLAY AT 5"

13 Belongs in Cooperstown Captain13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mr. red View Post
    I feel obligated to chime in about my excitement...

21 years old, went out last night, got very drunk and woke up at 8 and my first thought was not about my hangover or wanting water...it was "HOLY CRAP THE REDS PLAY AT 5"
    As a 35 year-old father of two, I envy your life.

5:07 needs to hurry up and get here.
    What if this is as good as it gets?

Today is going extremely slow!!! Will 5:07pm ever get here???

no reason to even watch.. aaron boone and curt schilling said on Baseball tonight that the Reds were going to get swept.. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Captain13 View Post
    As a 35 year-old father of two, I envy your life.

5:07 needs to hurry up and get here.
    It's manageable until class starts...then it's an uphill battle until 5:07

Turn Off Ads?