Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Four Days in October

Four Days in October

It was an ESPN 30 for 30 film that chronicled the Red Sox historic comeback from down 3-0 in 2004. I thought it was fantastic. It brought me back to 2004 and remember watching that series. I still remember thinking if the Red Sox could get to game 6 with Schilling pitching they would win that series. If you get a chance it is well worth watching.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Four Days in October

I think there was too much emphasis on the Red Sox and Yankees.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

I watched it last night, and it was simply phenomenal. Even though the Red Sox/Yankees stuff does get tiring, this is one film that is most definitely worth watching.
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

Did they do one on the Red Sox coming back and winning the '75 series in game six? That's such a great story.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone792 View Post
    I watched it last night, and it was simply phenomenal. Even though the Red Sox/Yankees stuff does get tiring, this is one film that is most definitely worth watching.
    My wife who is not much more than a casual Reds fan was glued to the TV.

As much as ESPN likes to pimp the Sox and Yanks the film was fantastic. A legendary curse, an insurmountable deficit, a fan base who was ready for another kick in the teeth. It was just a very enjoyable hour.

I have not had a chance to watch this one yet but the whole 30 for 30 series of documentaries has been fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    Did they do one on the Red Sox coming back and winning the '75 series in game six? That's such a great story.
    While it made me mad at the time, there is nothing better than hearing Curt Gowdy call the last out in game 7 of the '75 World Series. I thought he was going to just die right there on the air. I am so sick of the Red Sox/Yankees that I can hardly stand it. It's OK when both teams are battling for a title, but having to watch it, over and over and over, regardless of the standings is just sickening.

Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN CHAR NC View Post
    While it made me mad at the time, there is nothing better than hearing Curt Gowdy call the last out in game 7 of the '75 World Series. I thought he was going to just die right there on the air. I am so sick of the Red Sox/Yankees that I can hardly stand it. It's OK when both teams are battling for a title, but having to watch it, over and over and over, regardless of the standings is just sickening.
    Jack Buck is forever tainted in my eyes for how he called the '90 World Series. Absolutely pathetic how bad he favored the A's. What's up with the Reds and announcers?
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone792 View Post
    Agreed.

Great documentary, but in all honesty I wish it would have been longer. I was a freshman in college, and that series is an unbelievable memory for me. Our entire dorm, for whatever reason, rallied behind that Red Sox team, and hung up posters of Dave Roberts all over the dorm. We had 20 people in a room watching those games, doing our best Manny and Big Papi impersonations, drinking Natural Light until the wee hours of the morning.

A one hour summary of what happened over that 4 day stretch does not do that story justice, IMO.

I agree with you about the Red Sox/Yankees also. I root for the Yankees to beat the Red Sox anytime they play now.

The Red Sox became the frat boy/trendy fan favorites and that was enough for me to dislike them.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

I never cared for Gowdy after that World Series. He had been the Red Sox PBP guy before going full time with NBC. His bias certainly came out during that series. NBC should have not put him that position though. They should have just went with Garagiola and Kubek the entire series.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Baseball was so much more enjoyable before the Sox rallied to win the 2004 ALCS.

Quote Originally Posted by 15fan View Post
    Baseball was so much more enjoyable before the Sox rallied to win the 2004 ALCS.
    I'll take the Yankees losing any day of the week. That's a good feeling no matter who beats them.

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

One of my favorite memories in baseball/sports history. Kevin Millar was absolutely prophetic before game 4. "Don't let us win tonight!" Love it!

And, I will echo other's sentiments that the entire 30 For 30 series has been wonderful. Not a bad one yet. I wish ESPN would keep the series going.

Turn Off Ads?