Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Random Thoughts

Haunted by walks

Random Thoughts

They say a bad day at the ballpark beats a good day at the office, but there's too much randomness in the data.

The worst part of the no-hitter was not being able to enjoy it.

Only the fans can argue balls and strikes.

But maybe the scouts should scout the umps.

Someone tell the young fans and Aroldis Chapman that it's not supposed to be like this.

Rick Wise is not impressed.

It's all the same to Pythagoras.

The good news is the bullpen qualified for a quality start.

Blaming the pitching or defense in a no-hitter is like blaming the lack of ham for the lack of a sandwich when you don't have bread.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Random Thoughts

You know who could help put this all in perspective with a few jokes? Conan O'Brien. Does anyone know what he's up to these days?

Quote Originally Posted by top6 View Post
    You know who could help put this all in perspective with a few jokes? Conan O'Brien. Does anyone know what he's up to these days?
    They showed a Conan promo tonight during the game. He starts here on TBS in 4 weeks.

Oh, and nice work as usual, BC.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Blaming the pitching or defense in a no-hitter is like blaming the lack of ham for the lack of a sandwich when you don't have bread.
    I'm still laughing at this one.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    They showed a Conan promo tonight during the game. He starts here on TBS in 4 weeks.
    Plus they showed about 100 shots of the Conan blimp, plus the announcers mentioned Conan about 100 times, plus there was sign for Conan behind home plate for at least an inning, plus they showed at least 1 more Conan promo (there was the one with him in the blimp and the one with people being sad that he was gone).

Plus they showed about 100 shots of the Conan blimp, plus the announcers mentioned Conan about 100 times, plus there was sign for Conan behind home plate for at least an inning, plus they showed at least 1 more Conan promo (there was the one with him in the blimp and the one with people being sad that he was gone).
    I just figured you missed the game, so I didn't stop to consider that you were being sarcastic.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    I just figured you missed the game, so I didn't stop to consider that you were being sarcastic.
    Sometimes sarcasm is difficult to pull off on the internet. Sorry.

No biggie. As you alluded to, TBS didn't pull any punches in their Conan promotions. So I was surprised to think that anyone could have missed that.

Very good point.

It would've been a total waste if Wood or Arroyo pitched a gem tonight and gave up 1 run. We still have Arroyo for game 2 and Wood for a potential game 4. Things could be worse.
    Votto for MVP

Vampire Weekend @Bernie's camisadelgolf's Avatar

I wonder if a no-hitter wouldn't've happened had someone started a thread about it in tORG while the game was happening.

Being funny isn't easy top6...keep it up though, it's appreciated
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

The worst part of the no-hitter was not being able to enjoy it.
    Indeed.... Nothing like being on the wrong side of history.

Hopefully, it becomes the "no-hitter against the underdog in Game 1 and the amazing upset afterwards".

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    I wonder if a no-hitter wouldn't've happened had someone started a thread about it in tORG while the game was happening.
    I think we might of dropped the ball here.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
    I think we might of dropped the ball here.
    Uh, oh, I think that might be the one unforgivable fan board sin.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Turn Off Ads?