Turn Off Ads?
Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: The 2010 Central Division Champions...

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Re: The 2010 Central Division Champions...

For some reason, this picture has had me laughing for the past 10 minutes. :O)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Good luck, ltl, and I will keep a thought for you.

And your post a nice reminder why "call outs" are not a particularly good look for this board...
    One thing I can say about this board is you guys are the truest form of fans that can be found on any message board. I've been on this board since 2004 and have found that through all of the losing seasons, interest seems to have grown in the team here on RZ as opposed to faltering. Every so often, and I gladly admit this, I find myself trolling Gateway Redbirds just to see what the talk of the town is over there. Even on good nights for the Cards, there might be 4-5 people regularly contributing on a game thread.

You folks are truly Reds fans to the nth degree. I am a Reds fan by birth, but I don't like to toot my own horn. You guys (and gals) need to pat yourselves on the back for the success of this team as much as anybody. Especially those of you that regularly attended games, when your money could've been spent on something more enjoyable than watching the Reds get beat often.

Then, there are the people like West of You that can rattle of mind boggling stats without batting an eye, and most likely with an internal instant recall of just about any stat related resource out there.

To me, this is also the kind of stuff that a championship team is made of, and proves to me exactly what I have heard said repeatedly over the last 5 days: No matter how good the Bengals do, no matter how good UC or Xavier is, when the Reds are at the top, Reds baseball trumps everything, and Cincinnati is and always will be a baseball town first and foremost.

You folks should give yourselves a pat on the back, and to the admins and mods here, kudos and thanks for providing a place for us to vent our past misery and celebrate our present and future triumphs.

THE REDS ARE GOING TO THE PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!!! Sorry, I'm just still so psyched about this!!!!!! :

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Just watch it again, one more time. It's good for the soul:

MustC: Clinch- Reds clinch NL Central

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

The Cincinnati Reds are playing a playoff game on Wednesday! WooHoo! It feels amazing. There were times when I wondered if I would ever see the Reds in the playoffs. I hope we see some Reds magic in October.

Btw, I just purchased two tickets off EBAY to the NLDS game 3. I can't begin to describe how excited I am!

Start time is a blessing too. I was worried it'd be the afternoon slot on Wednesday. Not sure where to put it, but here's the announcing crew from C. Trent:

Speaking of complaints -- here's who you're going to be complaining about during TBS' coverage of the playoffs, well, in the non-Kid Rock division.

• Rays-Rangers: Don Orsillo (play-by-play), Buck Martinez (analyst), Marc Fein (reporter).
    • Phillies-Reds: Brian Anderson (play-by-play), Joe Simpson (analyst), David Aldridge (reporter).
    • Yankees-Twins: Ernie Johnson (play-by-play), Ron Darling (analyst), John Smoltz (analyst), Craig Sager (reporter).
    • Braves-Giants: Dick Stockton (play-by-play), Bob Brenly (analyst), Tom Verducci (reporter).

-- C. Trent Rosecrans

For more baseball news, rumors and analysis, follow @cbssportsmlb on Twitter or subscribe to the RSS feed .

Quote Originally Posted by OesterPoster View Post

• Phillies-Reds: Brian Anderson (play-by-play), Joe Simpson (analyst), David Aldridge (reporter).
    Don't know Anderson, but Joe Simpson is aces.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Don't know Anderson, but Joe Simpson is aces.
    Anderson is the Brewers TV play by play announcer. That is actually a pretty good crew on the Reds series.

One big plus from past postseasons is I notice Chip Carey who made countless mistakes the last few postseasons is no longer announcing the games.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    One big plus from past postseasons is I notice Skip Carey who made countless mistakes the last few postseasons is no longer announcing the games.
    Chip. Skip has passed.
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

Quote Originally Posted by 11larkin11 View Post
    Chip. Skip has passed.
    Thanks. I just realized I had the name wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Btw, I just purchased two tickets off EBAY to the NLDS game 3. I can't begin to describe how excited I am!
    Did you have to pay well over face value?
    Votto for MVP

WKU Hilltoppers

got mine on ebay as well. $80 a piece. section 404. well over face value. glad to have them though.
    If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there is a man on base
    --Dave Barry

BTW, I can't remember who asked about SRO tickets...but I scoped out the various areas marked with a yellow line yesterday. Best area I saw would be right inside the front gate, behind home plate, section 124. If you can't grab those right away, lots of area from the left field foul pole to the batter's eye in center. Most of those I didn't really like, because you lose track of pop ups and fly balls going up in the air...though there was one small section about 15 feet long at the very end of the seats in left center. Clear view right there. Biggest area with lots of space would be from the right field pole over to where the visitor's bullpen area is located. You can enter the right field gates and grab those spots pretty quickly.

Turn Off Ads?