Turn Off Ads?
Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2010 Central Division Champions...

Re: The 2010 Central Division Champions...

Tom Hanks had it wrong. There most definitely is crying in baseball. After last night, I think most Reds fans, including myself, can attest to that.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    Can anyone just imagine what Joe would have been doing in the background?
    Get outta, get outta here, gett outta HERE.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Get outta, get outta here, gett outta HERE.
    For those of you who missed it, Marty was doing JUST THAT during that deep drive Stubbs hit off the wall for a double. Kelch was doing the PBP, but you could clearly hear Marty in the back yelling "get out, get out, GET OUT!!". Totally made me think of Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    For those of you who missed it, Marty was doing JUST THAT during that deep drive Stubbs hit off the wall for a double. Kelch was doing the PBP, but you could clearly hear Marty in the back yelling "get out, get out, GET OUT!!". Totally made me think of Joe.
    Moments like Bruce's HR brings the 12 yr. old boy out of the crustiest of guys.

She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

I love all the pictures from last night, if for no other reason than it's an interesting group of guys.

Guys that we've "known" about for a while, and anticipated them providing a moment like this: Votto, Bruce, Volquez, Cueto.

Guys who "deserve" it for their years of service to the club: Harang and Arroyo.

Guys that you never expected (or maybe wanted) to be Reds: Cairo, Cabrera, Rolen, Corky Miller.

And then all the youngsters that have played such a big role: Leake, Wood, Ondrusek, Chapman, and so on.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    I love all the pictures from last night, if for no other reason than it's an interesting group of guys.

Guys that we've "known" about for a while, and anticipated them providing a moment like this: Votto, Bruce, Volquez, Cueto.

Guys who "deserve" it for their years of service to the club: Harang and Arroyo.

Guys that you never expected (or maybe wanted) to be Reds: Cairo, Cabrera, Rolen, Corky Miller.

And then all the youngsters that have played such a big role: Leake, Wood, Ondrusek, Chapman, and so on.
    That's a great way of putting it. Although Votto has had an MVP season, it really has been a team effort all season long. Youngsters, veterans, and everyone in between has played a major part in the success of this team. Can't wait to watch them in the postseason.
    Votto for MVP

I've been told that the players, or at least some of them, made their way to Fountain Square last night and into the bar Mynt that's right there. We had already left the square so not sure how many people were left out and about when they were there...
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

For some reason, that picture I posted here (via the Sun Deck and Prf15) has disappeared. I thought it was so fitting, I've uploaded it to my site and you guys can download it here.

http://www.the-genies-lamp.com/clinch.BMP

Were all the guys of legal age to drink last night? I know Bruce is 22 and Leake should be around the same age. Wonder about Chapman? Cueto and Volquez looked like little kids in a candy shop last night.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    I haven't seen that angle. Was that Ryan Freel jumping on the pile at home?
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

I was at the game last night and had a little too much champagne to post coherently last night. I will concur with everyone else how amazing the atmosphere was. When the bottom of the eighth started, I turned to my buddy said "It would be great to see the Reds push a run across this inning, but it would be cool to see Chapman pitch the ninth and see Bruce hit a walk-off homer in the 9th." I can't say that I had any divine inspiration because I call at least one homer for Bruce and Votto just about every game. Either way, I couldn't have scripted the game any better. I don't think my section (112) sat down from the 6th inning on. Loved the energy. My buddy tried to take a picture of Bruce's home run but I had already knocked him over with a burst of joy. Unbelievable. I am in class right now and can't pay attention. All I can think about is the new magic number 11. The number of playoff games we need to win to be World Series Champions.

Quote Originally Posted by VR View Post
    I haven't seen that angle. Was that Ryan Freel jumping on the pile at home?
    That's OC.

What was Gomes doing when Bruce threw his helmet? It looks like he was deked by Bruce.

New banner outside Crosley Terrace:

http://plixi.com/p/47808042

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

I will never get tired of watching that replay.

Turn Off Ads?