Turn Off Ads?
Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2010 Central Division Champions...

Haunted by walks

Re: The 2010 Central Division Champions...

I was surprised to learn that Phillips was such a clean liver. He doesn't seem like the most straight-laced person.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I'm still on cloud nine.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan320 View Post
    Ah, so I see. Well, don't a great many things have corn syrup in them? Buying up water reserves? Don't all beverages? Advertising bombardment? And alcoholic beverages, particularly beer, don't?

Yep, but Coke is sticky and a pain to clean, pass me the booze, the ones without corn syrup please.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Actually what I saw was most of the players drinking from these huge red cans of Budweiser. I'm sure that was what was given to them but if I were a professional player I would have opted for a better beer
    Maybe that was their way of taking one last shot at the Cardinals, celebrating with an Anheuser Busch product.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Just wanted to stop in and say, I'm at work, and I still have tears in my eyes.
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    Maybe that was their way of taking one last shot at the Cardinals, celebrating with an Anheuser Busch product.
    Bud may be the official beer of MLB. I have seen those Budwiser Reds cans all baseball season long.

It would have been better had the Reds said no to Bud and got another brand. The problem is Miller is synonymous with the Brewers and Coors with the Rockies. I think the players may have been upset with a clubhouse stocked full of Hudy!

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Bud may be the official beer of MLB. I have seen those Budwiser Reds cans all baseball season long.

It would have been better had the Reds said no to Bud and got another brand. The problem is Miller is synonymous with the Brewers and Coors with the Rockies. I think the players may have been upset with a clubhouse stocked full of Hudy!
    I would have given them Christian Moerlein 5th and Vine Marzen

Yup, still loving this.

It's the day after and I'm still flying high. What an amazing win. There really just aren't words to describe how great it is that post-season baseball is back in Cincinnati again. And for us to clinch in such a dramatic matter sweetened it even more and placed a huge exclamation point on the excitement that this team has brought this year. I can't imagine clinching any other way.

Congrats guys. Now go get 'em in the playoffs!

Just wanted to add how awesome it was at the game. Bronson coming out before anyone else and doing a victory lap was just great. Watching Arthur Rhodes get picked up by Francisco and another play and playfully thrown in the air was hilarious.

Amazing night and I'm thrilled that two of our best young players had a huge part last night.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

I was at the game last night. Simply incredible. I'm still pretty speechless.

Time seemed to stop for me when Bruce's ball was in the air. I knew he crushed it off the bat, but it was a magical and seemingly forever moment watching that ball sail through the GABP sky. I remember thinking to myself "is this real?" while the ball was in mid flight, almost too nervous to do anything until I saw for sure it was gone even though I already knew it was gone as soon as he hit it.

We left the stadium right before the players re-emerged out of the clubhouse, and I wish I could have seen that. Nevertheless, the experience on Main Street was surreal. For a time, Main Street became Bourbon Street. Police shut down intersections from Main to Fifth, and it was a sea of celebration all the way from GABP up Main Street to Fifth Street and then on to Fountain Square. Fans were hugging and high-fiving random strangers, and wild bursts of Reds chants filled the air. Both scenes, looking up Main Street from GABP and looking down Main from Fourth Street, were absolutely picturesque.

Quite simply, last night was simply the best baseball moment I've ever witnessed and experienced in person.
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

Awesome stories guys, keep them coming! This is so exciting!

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

I was glad to wake up this morning and see this thread was still here.

It wasn't a dream!

Also wanted to mention that I got choked up pretty bad when I was driving home and Doc Rodgers played Marty's home run call.

Can anyone just imagine what Joe would have been doing in the background? He would have loved this beyond belief. Thinking about Nuxy got me worked up. Great call by Marty also!
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

I vividly recall the 75, 76 & 90 wins...but I can't recall having this giddy feeling like right now. I've been grinning like an idiot all day long and I can't stop. Heck, I don't want to stop. I feel so....satisfied. Happy & content. :O) Can't wait for tonight's game. Keep it rollin' boys!!!

Turn Off Ads?