Turn Off Ads?
Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2010 Central Division Champions...

Re: The 2010 Central Division Champions...

Just got back from the bar. Watching again on DVR.......just amazing.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I hope everyone enjoyed this. I really do. No matter how many divisions the Reds win over the next 10-15 years It will be hard to top this one. This won't be topped. That was fun.
    Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/ShaneHorning

Just got back from the game as well. To echo what Heather and CE said, it was the most electric baseball game I've ever been to. When Bruce hit that home run, I was jumping up and down like an idiot and got to enjoy a big hug with my sister and my dad, who passed on his love of baseball and the Reds to me. It was incredible to be able to spend that moment with him.

We didn't want to leave the park after it was over. They showed the locker room celebration on the big screen in GABP and it was wonderful to see the team come back out after a while and do a victory lap around the stadium.

We went up to Fountain Square after we left the stadium and it was packed with people just standing around smiling and laughing and highfiving. What a wonderful, wonderful night...
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

Just got back from the bar, everytime the highlights came on I stopped and watched and just soaked it all in. No matter what I was doing, I stopped and watched.

I love everyone's post who were down there. Keep them coming. Amazing reads.

I still can't believe this happend. I've witnessed my teams in other sports win NBA Titles, a Stanley Cup, and win the Super Bowl, but I honestly don't know if any of them matchup to tonight.

To watch as must losing as I and everyone else did since I became a Reds fan, and then we get to tonight, it's amazing.

Just think of all those posts in the minor league forum from a couple years ago:
    "2010 lineup could like like..
    Stubbs CF
    Bruce RF
    Votto 1B"

and to have a night like tonight where Stubbs robs a dude of a homer, Votto is the MVP, and Bruce hits a walkoff to win the NL Central, it's just unreal. It's hard to believe. I love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

We listened to the game as we always do at work tonight and went to the bar after work. GOOD TIMES!

I LOVE WINNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hahahaha that song is everywhere!

YouTube - Reds celebrate 2010 NL Central title
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Watched at a bar with several co workers. Held back the tears. Just got back to the hotel and watched it all and did not hold back.

No more words need to be said.

I remember when I was in 9th grade, laying in my room during Christmas break watching highlights of the 1990 Reds season. I kept thinking to myself about how great The Reds were going to be because we had Dunn up, Kearns on the way, Howington, Aramboles, etc. coming up for the pitching staff. And it just never, ever happened.

Tonight, it happened. This really hasn't even set in to me yet. I mean, I realize we're going to the playoffs. But the magnitude of this hasn't really hit me yet. What a great night to be a Reds fan, even if I have had to spend most of it in my study instead of out on the town killing brain cells.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    I remember when I was in 9th grade, laying in my room during Christmas break watching highlights of the 1990 Reds season. I kept thinking to myself about how great The Reds were going to be because we had Dunn up, Kearns on the way, Howington, Aramboles, etc. coming up for the pitching staff. And it just never, ever happened.

Tonight, it happened. This really hasn't even set in to me yet. I mean, I realize we're going to the playoffs. But the magnitude of this hasn't really hit me yet. What a great night to be a Reds fan, even if I have had to spend most of it in my study instead of out on the town killing brain cells.
    It will hit you like a ton of bricks on day one of the playoffs.

It seems like I always had a belly full of butterflies on day one of the playoffs.

As Clapton once sung.... "Hello old friend, it's really good to see you once again"

Congratulations to the 2010 Cincinnati Reds.

That Bruce walk-off simply highlighted what this season for the Reds has been all about.

I was worried when Bruce was heading home into the throng of teammates waiting to greet him, and everyone was jumping on him in celebration...... my gawd be careful, don't re-injure the guy!
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Serafini View Post
    I made sure to wear my Joe Nuxhall shirt today so that I'd have it on when they clinched. Man this feels good!
    My wife was kind enough to iron my Reds dress shirt, just with the Wishbone C logo on it to wear this weekend. She asked me yesterday if I was going to wear it then, but I told her I'd wear it to celebrate clinching - can't wait to put it on!
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

A nice synopsis of our race to the finish, from MLB.com

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?af...77986&c_id=cin
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    A nice synopsis of our race to the finish, from MLB.com

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?af...77986&c_id=cin
    Worth a watch.

One thing that struck me was that practically all the media has pointed to the August brawl series as the team's "pivotal point" in the season.
    Very few of us here would concur. I think there was even a thread about that.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Turn Off Ads?