Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 103

Thread: Brett Favre's Cellphone Seduction Of Jenn Sterger

  1. #16
    Winning is fun.
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Urbana, OH
    Posts
    807

    Re: Brett Favre's Cellphone Seduction Of Jenn Sterger

    I really thought it sounded like someone doing a bad Favre impersonation rather than Brett himself on those voicemails. I wouldn't put money on it, though.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #17
    Start the Reactor! *BaseClogger*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    6,449

    Re: Brett Favre's Cellphone Seduction Of Jenn Sterger

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    I really thought it sounded like someone doing a bad Favre impersonation rather than Brett himself on those voicemails. I wouldn't put money on it, though.
    Wouldn't he have vehemently denied these allegations by now if this theory is true?
    "On-base percentage is great if you can score runs and do something with that on-base percentage," Baker said. "Clogging up the bases isn't that great to me."

  4. #18
    Et tu, Brutus? Brutus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Posts
    10,572

    Re: Brett Favre's Cellphone Seduction Of Jenn Sterger

    Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    As a member of the media, once they receive this lead isn't it their journalistic responsibility to inform the public and report on it?
    It's also their responsibility to use discretion on what should and shouldn't be reported. Unless Favre is being accused of harassment and/or sexual assault of some kind, which has not been alleged in any capacity that I'm aware of, this isn't news and it most certainly shouldn't be any basis for investigation by the NFL. The league and everyone else needs to keep their noses out of where it doesn't belong.

    Sexual habits of athletes should be off-limits. We don't really have the right to know what they do behind closed doors.

    I don't care if Favre talks dirty, Grady Sizemore sends nude sexting pics to his girlfriend or Tiger Woods makes porn tapes. That's between them, their partners, and if applicable, their spouses.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

  5. #19
    Winning is fun.
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Urbana, OH
    Posts
    807

    Re: Brett Favre's Cellphone Seduction Of Jenn Sterger

    Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    s Favre is being accused of harassment and/or sexual assault of some kind, which has not been alleged in any capacity that I'm aware of, this isn't news and it most certainly shouldn't be any basis for investigation by the NFL.
    I would guess sending pictures of your "self" to someone could be construed as sexual harassment. I don't see how that would be any different than exposing yourself to someone in person.

  6. #20
    Et tu, Brutus? Brutus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Posts
    10,572

    Re: Brett Favre's Cellphone Seduction Of Jenn Sterger

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    I would guess sending pictures of your "self" to someone could be construed as sexual harassment. I don't see how that would be any different than exposing yourself to someone in person.
    Assuming it were completely unprovoked, I don't disagree. But we're missing a lot of context with that, and it's not been mentioned whether there was previous dialog.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

  7. #21
    Start the Reactor! *BaseClogger*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    6,449

    Re: Brett Favre's Cellphone Seduction Of Jenn Sterger

    Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    It's also their responsibility to use discretion on what should and shouldn't be reported. Unless Favre is being accused of harassment and/or sexual assault of some kind, which has not been alleged in any capacity that I'm aware of, this isn't news and it most certainly shouldn't be any basis for investigation by the NFL. The league and everyone else needs to keep their noses out of where it doesn't belong.

    Sexual habits of athletes should be off-limits. We don't really have the right to know what they do behind closed doors.

    I don't care if Favre talks dirty, Grady Sizemore sends nude sexting pics to his girlfriend or Tiger Woods makes porn tapes. That's between them, their partners, and if applicable, their spouses.
    Do you feel the same way about politicians?
    "On-base percentage is great if you can score runs and do something with that on-base percentage," Baker said. "Clogging up the bases isn't that great to me."

  8. #22
    Et tu, Brutus? Brutus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Posts
    10,572

    Re: Brett Favre's Cellphone Seduction Of Jenn Sterger

    Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    Do you feel the same way about politicians?
    I actually do, though I think elected representatives of the people and athletes are two separate things. The politicians represent us. Athletes don't owe us anything.

    But while I don't condone marital infidelity, it's unfortunately rampant in our society. And though I do hold the ideal that elected officials should uphold strict moral standards, I put them in office for many other reasons than their sexual habits.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

  9. #23
    Start the Reactor! *BaseClogger*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    6,449

    Re: Brett Favre's Cellphone Seduction Of Jenn Sterger

    Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    I actually do, though I think elected representatives of the people and athletes are two separate things. The politicians represent us. Athletes don't owe us anything.
    I actually agree with you, but this is where many would play the "think of the children" card as far as athletes being role models...
    "On-base percentage is great if you can score runs and do something with that on-base percentage," Baker said. "Clogging up the bases isn't that great to me."

  10. #24
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    15,611

    Re: Brett Favre's Cellphone Seduction Of Jenn Sterger

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    I would guess sending pictures of your "self" to someone could be construed as sexual harassment. I don't see how that would be any different than exposing yourself to someone in person.
    In and of itself, it's not. Did she ask him not to? Does he have a position of power over her? Absent these things, I don't think it is harrassment. She can block his number to her cellphone is she wants.

    If he'd retired like he should have, would you still think it was harrassment?

  11. #25
    Rally Onion! Chip R's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    34,514

    Re: Brett Favre's Cellphone Seduction Of Jenn Sterger

    The Deadspin editor on the story says it's possible that whoever sent the texts and voice mails may not have been Favre.

    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5670800
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

  12. #26
    Member cincrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    South Vienna, OH
    Posts
    4,387

    Re: Brett Favre's Cellphone Seduction Of Jenn Sterger

    Whether this story is true or not, Bretty Favre has been, and always will be, a dirtbag.

    Then again, that's the case for 99% of professional athletes. They have a sense of entitlement that most normal people just simply don't have.

  13. #27
    We Need Our Myths reds1869's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Overlooking GABP
    Posts
    4,471

    Re: Brett Favre's Cellphone Seduction Of Jenn Sterger

    Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    Whether this story is true or not, Bretty Favre has been, and always will be, a dirtbag.

    Then again, that's the case for 99% of professional athletes. They have a sense of entitlement that most normal people just simply don't have.
    You've clearly never visited the local shopping malls.

  14. #28
    Rally Onion! Chip R's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    34,514

    Re: Brett Favre's Cellphone Seduction Of Jenn Sterger

    Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    Whether this story is true or not, Bretty Favre has been, and always will be, a dirtbag.

    Then again, that's the case for 99% of professional athletes. They have a sense of entitlement that most normal people just simply don't have.
    I'm not a Favre fan because of the way he's handled this retirement/non-retirement issue but aside from this, what has he done to be a dirtbag? Unlike many of his brethren - and many of the Bengals - he's never been arrested. He plays hard and plays every game. He's a Super Bowl champion and he's personable enough.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

  15. #29
    Member Cedric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Monroe
    Posts
    6,398

    Re: Brett Favre's Cellphone Seduction Of Jenn Sterger

    Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    I'm not a Favre fan because of the way he's handled this retirement/non-retirement issue but aside from this, what has he done to be a dirtbag? Unlike many of his brethren - and many of the Bengals - he's never been arrested. He plays hard and plays every game. He's a Super Bowl champion and he's personable enough.
    I think that is the problem Chip.

    Fans like players who give canned responses and "say the right thing."

    Favre says what he thinks and gets burned for it later when he changes his mind.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

  16. #30
    Rally Onion! Chip R's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    34,514

    Re: Brett Favre's Cellphone Seduction Of Jenn Sterger

    Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    I think that is the problem Chip.

    Fans like players who give canned responses and "say the right thing."

    Favre says what he thinks and gets burned for it later when he changes his mind.
    And just because of that he's scum? It's quite possible he's sincere. After a season of getting banged up he may want to retire. Then, when the summer comes along, he's healed up and misses his teammates and the spotlight and wants to come back.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25