Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Which one do you sign?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cliff Lee

29 63.04%
  • Carl Crawford

17 36.96%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You can only have 1, which one would it be?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

You can only have 1, which one would it be?

Lets say our owner tells Walt he will pay whatever the cost is for 1 major addition in the offseason. Which player should Walt get?

Re: You can only have 1, which one would it be?

Cawford, and I don't even have to think about it. Although, I'd take either (and we'll get neither).
    Sto Pro Veritate

I love Crawford and would love to see him in a Reds uniform, but we saw once again yesterday the importance of having an ace on your pitching staff. If we already had a stud pitcher, I'd take Crawford over Lee. But we don't, so I voted for Cliff Lee.

I voted for Lee but considering that Crawford is only 9 years old I think I'm going to have to change my mind.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Crawford

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggidy View Post
    I voted for Lee but considering that Crawford is only 9 years old I think I'm going to have to change my mind.

LOL ... he's got quite a future!

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggidy View Post

LOL!! I had to look that up to see what you were talking about!!

Seriously though, I voted for Lee and any ace brothers and cousins he might have laying around!! People can talk all they want about how great the Phillies are, give the Reds the same pitchers and we RAKE!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by redsrolen View Post
    LOL!! I had to look that up to see what you were talking about!!

Seriously though, I voted for Lee and any ace brothers and cousins he might have laying around!! People can talk all they want about how great the Phillies are, give the Reds the same pitchers and we RAKE!!!!!!
    Just give us Halladay and it's a different looking series. Heck, we'd have won 100 games and have home field advantage throughout the playoffs if we had Halladay taking the hill every fifth day.

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    I love Crawford and would love to see him in a Reds uniform, but we saw once again yesterday the importance of having an ace on your pitching staff. If we already had a stud pitcher, I'd take Crawford over Lee. But we don't, so I voted for Cliff Lee.
    Exactly how well did the mighty Philly offense do against our pitching? What like 4 runs off of 5 hits? Had our SS not been old and poor in the field it's a difference game. If we have Crawford and not Gomes in LF it's a different game. We have pitching, what we don't have is a leadoff hitter who can play incredible defense in the field.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    Exactly how well did the mighty Philly offense do against our pitching? What like 4 runs off of 5 hits? Had our SS not been old and poor in the field it's a difference game. If we have Crawford and not Gomes in LF it's a different game. We have pitching, what we don't have is a leadoff hitter who can play incredible defense in the field.
    Agreed. Philly pretty much scored 1 legit run off of us. Our SS and LFer did alot of helping out.

But doesn't matter what the final score in a loss is. A loss is a loss. But if you're looking for positives, the Philly offense really didn't light it up that much.

I vote Lee. I really like Crawford and it would be tough if it was an option but we need a dominant #1 hands down no questions asked ace.

I vote Crawford. I would love to have Lee but hes 32 and you know hes gonna want a long, expensive 5 or 6 year deal. Not a big fan of giving pitchers in thier 30's long term deals. I would have a feeling the final 2 years of that deal he would not be worth what he was making.

Quote Originally Posted by 1990REDS View Post
    I vote Crawford. I would love to have Lee but hes 32 and you know hes gonna want a long, expensive 5 or 6 year deal. Not a big fan of giving pitchers in thier 30's long term deals. I would have a feeling the final 2 years of that deal he would not be worth what he was making.
    It seems like a lot of aces don't turn into aces until around age 30 for some reason. And that the lights out guys are well into their 30's. I didn't look up Pedro Martinez' age but wasn't he well into his thirties when he dominated?

Regardless, I voted for Lee...a lot of successful teams have meh left fielders and some very crappy teams have stellar left fielders. I vote Ace if not for the psychological factor. And very tireed of getting dogged for our staff.

Quote Originally Posted by '69 & Vine View Post
    It seems like a lot of aces don't turn into aces until around age 30 for some reason. And that the lights out guys are well into their 30's. I didn't look up Pedro Martinez' age but wasn't he well into his thirties when he dominated?

Regardless, I voted for Lee...a lot of successful teams have meh left fielders and some very crappy teams have stellar left fielders. I vote Ace if not for the psychological factor. And very tireed of getting dogged for our staff.
    Yes but Pedro did it for teams that could afford to roll the dice and possibly overpay if it didnt work out. The Reds are not one of those teams. If Lee would hit a wall at the age of 35, 36, and still made 16 or so million per, that would cripple the Reds.

Team needs an all around solid LF much more than an ace pitcher. Throw in their ages and it's not even a fair question, imo.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Good pitching > good hitting. I think Heisey in left is good enough to fill the hole. I voted Lee
    Cincinnati Reds
    Marshall Thundering Herd

Kentucky Wildcats
    Indianapolis Colts

Washington Wizards

Turn Off Ads?